Practice Manager (Restaurant, Food & Beverage Industry)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLPApply for Job
Opportunity to drive business for premier law firm representing the nation’s top restaurants, alcohol suppliers, and food & beverage companies on a national scope. We are open to this person sitting in our Washington D.C., New York City, Los Angeles or Portland offices.
Our national, best-in-class Restaurant and Food & Beverage Industry Group (RFB) is looking for an agile Practice Manager to help support its profitable growth and effective operation. We help our clients, who are well-known established and emerging companies, including culinary and celebrity personalities, achieve their strategic and business goals. We work on restaurant, food and beverage, and alcohol supplier projects every day. We’re passionate about the industry - enough to get past what’s delicious and really dig in on what matters to our clients.
What will this person do?
The Practice Group Manager for the RFG group will have a deep knowledge of our practice and take the helm in executing operating needs, driving business development, and monitoring finance and performance analytics. In other words, we’re looking for a manager to take the lead and deliver measurable success for the RFB Group.
You are the right person if you’re a true driver, a go-getter, someone who prides themselves on getting things done and exhibits a fearlessness to question existing processes and provide forward-thinking, innovative solutions. We are experienced, practical, and connected attorneys who are eager to partner with you. You’ll work directly with the mid-career partners who co-founded and lead the RFB Group, which today includes over 50 lawyers nationwide, and based in the beautiful, culinary hotspot of Portland, Oregon.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity.
Join us if you can:
- Own the execution of the RFB Group operating needs
- Advise RFB Group on evaluation and execution of business development efforts, including performing research on industry trends, prospective clients and competitors’ marketing activities
- Develop professional working relationships and create a consultative, advisory-type level of trust with colleagues. Create, refine and promote the RFB Group’s brands internally and externally through digital (website, email campaigns, social media, etc.) and traditional marketing activities (events, PR, etc.), as well as innovative new methods, in partnership with marketing department and outside third-party vendors.
- Deliver excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts
- Support the lawyers in their efforts to achieve financial growth in the RFB group, leveraging acute business judgment and an understanding of finance, sales and marketing, staffing models and industry trends
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, owning RFB operations and projects.
- Innovate better, more efficient processes and programs to support the RFB group
- Partner with the Marketing Communications department, supporting the RFB Group’s execution of large-scale events
5+ years of experience as a marketing and/or business development professional within the restaurant, food or beverage industry is a must. Understanding legal or professional service industry is an added bonus. Note, the ability to travel occasionally within the United States is required.