Branch Sales Manager, New England - Boston, MA (On and Off Premise)
illy caffe North America, Inc.Apply for Job
Branch Sales Manager – New England – On-Premise/Off-Premise
The New England Branch Sales Manager is a hybrid sales role covering for both On-premise-HoReCa (Hotel/Restaurant/Café’s) and Off-premise-Retail. This position will be working 60% On-premise (HoReCa) and 40% off-premise (Retail) and is responsible driving on and off premise growth across multiple routes to market in the New England region. The Branch Manager runs the day to day function of our direct to customer distribution, as well as manages two distributors for Boston, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The position is very hands on and requires heavy account acquisition and maintenance as a core function. The Retail responsibility is to develop and leverage trade relationships and to provide merchandising support in assigned Independent customers and grow distribution and velocity that will drive significant revenue & margin growth. This position will also act as a liaison between our distributors and accounts to ensure the proper placement and promotion of illy retail products.
Develop and implement a plan to ensure we meet our budgeted volume and acquisition targets for all markets
- Target and qualify accounts
- Develop and present compelling sales presentations and proposals to secure new business in Hotels, restaurants and cafes
- Maintain an ongoing pipeline of perspective target accounts and formalize list regularly
- Manage distributors to meet their sales goals and provide day to day support
- Develop our relationship with all key accounts in geography through effective formal reviews, brand activation and frequent account quality checks
- Conduct regular staff trainings in top accounts across the market to ensure the quality standards of the brand are being met
- Coordinate all Quality and Technical service with Technical Manager and/or 3rd party Technical services partners
- Proactively analyze sales data and complete all monthly reporting required including sales trackers, forecasts, market reports, travel and entertainment expenses as required by region Manager and Headquarters
- Leverage annual marketing, sales, and travel budgets to capitalize on existing business and target new business
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related fields
- Minimum 5-7 years sales experience with successful track record of managing Sales in the On-Premise & 3 years sales experience in the Off-Premise (Retail) channels
- Must live in Boston area and be willing to travel through territory as needed
- Must have a total understanding and ability to execute our quality standards in Retail/Horeca sales and the ability to impart these skills to others through clear and concise training, understanding, adherence and alignment within the company strategy
- Fast learner-able to understand complex business
- Must be highly self-motivated and require little supervision
- Familiarity and existing relationships within the local landscape (hotels, restaurants, cafes)
- Experience working with distributors preferred
- Experience negotiating with key store level decision-makers, door-keepers and influencers
- Demonstrated ability to execute up-sale opportunities that maintain profit targets
- Demonstrated ability to develop store level relationships with decision makers
- Must have strong computer skills, MS Office Suite
- Focus and Results Oriented
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills, planning and coordinating skills,
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven track of relationship building and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Italian a plus
- Travel expectations approx. 50%
WORKING CONDITIONS The physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.. While performing these responsibilities, the associate is required to talk and hear. The associate is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, balance, and to stoop, kneel. Vision abilities required in this position include close vision. The work environment characteristics for this position are representative of the environment the associate will encounter; occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The associate will be required to lift heavy objects up to 30+lbs, stand for long periods of time, and must maintain a valid driver’s license, and provide proof of insurability.
illycaffè is an Italian family business, founded in Trieste in 1933 and committed to offering the greatest coffee to the world. illy is the world's most global coffee brand, producing the unique illy 100% Arabica blend made of 9 of the world's best selections of Arabica; each day more than 8 million cups are consumed in over 140 countries in the finest cafés, restaurants, hotels and in offices and homes. illy has become the standard forerunner of espresso, and thanks to three critical innovations, is considered the leader in the science and technology of coffee. With the bestowing of the first "Ernesto Illy Award for quality espresso coffee" in 1991 in Brazil, illy also pioneered direct sourcing, sharing know-how and paying a premium price for the best quality, based on partnerships underwritten by the principles of sustainable development. The company also founded its University of Coffee with the aim of fostering and spreading its culture, providing comprehensive academic and hands-on training for coffee growers, baristas and coffee lovers in order to cover every aspect of the product. Everything 'made in illy' is enhanced by beauty & art, which represent founding values of the brand, starting from its logo – designed by an artist, James Rosenquist – and including the renowned illy Art Collection, comprised of over 100 cups designed by international artists. In 2019 the company was employing 1,405 people. There are 269 stores and mono-brand illy shops in more than 40 countries.
Ethisphere named illy as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2020 including the last 8 consecutive years. illy’s entrepreneurial culture is based on a shared passion for quality, trust and respect, teamwork, empowerment and innovation. Join our company, build your career, and grow with us. To learn more visit illy.com
illy caffé North America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
illy caffè North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. illy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.