Market Manager MA - Boston/South Shore
Night Shift BrewingApply for Job
The NSB Market Manager is responsible for day-to-day execution of the Night Shift Brewing sales strategy through distributor management, account level presence and execution of tasks in their assigned territory. The NSB Market Manager is expected to be self-motivated, own the success of their territory and drive that success daily. This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports. The ideal candidate for this role will reside in Eastern Massachusetts but is flexible to travel to other parts of the state or surrounding states for account support when necessary. This role will predominately call on what we have identified as Boston South which includes but not limited to counties such as Suffolk, Norfolk, Worcester, Plymouth and Bristol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Grows NSB revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, managing allocations and inventory in region.
- Account level work for key accounts, new accounts, and national accounts. supporting activities (promotions, staff trainings, festivals, hand sells) at the account level.
- Ability to work social hours (nights & weekends) is critical
- All activities recorded in relevant sales tools
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with monthly objectives and company sales goals.
- Develop and maintain display standards at retail stores.
- 100% ad execution at major chain stores
- Increased merchandising/selling support during key holidays
- Develop and maintain distributor relationships while holding them accountable for goals and forecasts through quarterly progress reviews.
- Work towards becoming “best supplier” status in your distributor.
- Ensures appropriate forecast and inventory levels to achieve market goals and quality assurance freshness and standards.
- Conduct monthly inventory checks of each distributors warehouse and report back to supervisor.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout territory as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Regular communication of wins, challenges, and opportunities to manager
- Frequent manager & distributor communication is a priority.
- Execute on an off-premise promotions and occasionally special events that generate NSB brand awareness and consumer sampling that support new distribution.
- Required to update CRM after each account visit prior to next call/appointment.
- NSB standard account visit goal is 40 per week or as defined by supervisor.
- Monitor POS, placements, and product freshness at all accounts.
- Effective communication to wholesaler regarding weekly findings in the market, CRM notes, chain updates, inventory updates, new items, promotional activity, and any additional items deemed necessary to share
- Respond to all communications (internal and external) within 24 hours
- Includes emails, calls, texts, etc.
- Timely submission of administrative reports. It is expected that administrative duties take less than a half day of work and the remainder time is spend in different channels of trade.
- Weekly plans to be turned into supervisor by 9 am Monday every week
- Updated target lists for existing accounts, new accounts, top chain stores, top on premise, top off premise, and independents.
- Expense reports are due within 30 days and all expenses must adhere to the policy laid out. Any expenses that do not adhere to the policy need to be approved by your supervisor.
- Weekly check ins with supervisor – this is your time to ask questions, gain guidance, and provide feedback from the market/distributor.
- Any commitments in the trade must be committed within a two-week window such as POS, samplings, wearables, education, etc.
- Punctuality and professionalism matter at all times; do not be late for meetings, work-withs, scheduled appointments, etc.
- Required to safely work with all wholesaler personnel on a monthly basis
- Time management; must be able to manage time to effectively close out goals and administrative duties.
- Regularly monitor supply, demand, pricing, competitive brands, industry trends, and positive/negative feedback, and communicate findings with manager
- Bring an energetic, cooperative, proactive, self-motivated attitude
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of alcohol industry sales experience
- Brewery experience a plus.
- Drivers license, a clean driving record, and a car
- MA Resident
- Understanding of beer styles and production
- Familiarity with On and Off Premise key business practices
- Brand specific information (history, brewing style, key staff etc.)
- Awareness of Craft Beer Industry Trends
- Must be able to talk too others to convey information effectively and influence decision making behaviors.
- Effectively ask questions and listen to retailers, distributors, and NSB employees.
- Computer proficiency and associated programs.
- Evaluate sales opportunities and identify when the buyer is giving you closing signals
- Public speaking and presentation techniques
- Organization and market planning to effectively and routinely preform duties.
- Decision making, empathy and negotiation
- Social Awareness
- Relationship building
- Strong work ethic
- Highly Organized
- Socially Minded
- Extensive car travel: average 20,000 miles annually – please work smart, conserve gas and use best practices in the market. Must have reliable transportation and space for items such as cases, kegs, POS, etc.
- Overnight Travel: Trips to Boston for quarterly meetings and to assist in new or existing markets
- Weekend/ Nights Availability. This will vary depending on the market needs.
- Lifting and moving cases (~35 lbs.) and kegs (~165 lbs.) of product.