Trade Marketing Director
Night Shift BrewingApply for Job
The Trade Marketing Director’s primary objective is to increase the volume, visibility, and velocity of Night Shift Brewing’s brands in the wholesale marketplace. Working within the brand’s marketing department, you will partner closely with the brand’s sales team and respective wholesaler teams to deliver results through effective trade marketing.
The position is full-time with a competitive compensation package, including benefits and paid time off. It reports into the Marketing Director.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all trade marketing needs for sales teams, distributors, and accounts.
- Create effective brand plans and campaigns that drive customer traction, increase case volume, and meet the expectations of our sales teams and retailers.
- Define and integrate the brand strategy through the tactical development of product marketing, out-of-home advertising, trade promotions, experiential consumer engagement, and other programming in the field (locations include on and off-premise accounts).
- Work with the sales team and wholesalers to pursue and vet sponsorships, events, festivals, and other strategic partnerships. Work cooperatively with all involved parties to fund, plan, and execute.
- Help digital marketing team build and implement effective digital campaigns that drive awareness and engagement in existing and new markets.
- Manage the design, sourcing, purchasing, and distributor fulfillment of merchandise and POS goods. This includes researching items, comparing quotes, managing against budget, helping guide design, and ensuring the effective implementation of items once arrived. Collaboration with the creative team, sales team, and wholesalers will be key in execution.
- Manage NSB product portfolios and information on all digital channels: ecommerce sites, Drizly, distributor commerce sites, and related channels.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across marketing, production, sales, distribution, and retail/trade.
- Plan product launches within appropriate markets.
- Spend time in the market with account managers and distribution leadership to get a better understanding of territory and account needs.
- Keep the marketing team informed of account and NSD insights. Monitor and identify market trends, and communicate back to marketing and sales teams.
- Manage to an assigned budget.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Initiative to seek out opportunities and solve problems.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects.
- Proven ability in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficiency in the use of GSuite Applications, (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms).
- Basic design skills and comfortable with Adobe Suite a plus.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience), 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing, Communications, or Business is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in field/trade marketing, including 3+ years at a management level.
- Successful leadership of product launches and in-market brand campaigns.
- Preference given to candidates with Cicerone certification
- Alcohol/beverage industry experience a plus.
- CPG programming development experience a plus.
- Flexible work time ability including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to travel to out of state markets, potential overnights.
- Willingness for extensive car travel given nature of position (visiting accounts in all territories as appropriate).
- Must live in or be intimately familiar with the territory.
- Demonstrate trust, respect, and a drive for continuous self-improvement.
- Adaptable and flexible to change.
- Goal, process, and timeline-oriented
- Creative, curious thinker. Always learning.
- Carry a strong sense of grounded optimism, curiosity, and commitment to fun
- Collaborate, communicate, and succeed as a team
- Work with a focused balance of urgency and patience
- Unquestionable character including honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity during adverse conditions.
The work for this position requires occasional trips to the warehouse and production floor, which involves multiple flights of stairs. Certain aspects of this job take place in a working brewery environment, which involves the following:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds