Bake WorksApply for this Job
About the Position
Based in Vancouver, Washington, Bake Works is a food manufacturer specializing in the production of bars and cookies.
We have an excellent opportunity available for an Operations Manager. This is a dynamic role that requires strong leadership skills. If you enjoy a challenge and want to work in the fast paced food manufacturing industry, this may be the position for you!
Purpose of the Job
- Maximize efficiency by setting productivity goals and implementing improved manufacturing practices
- Key decision maker in the execution of operations
- Support operations by overseeing sanitation and maintenance departments
- Oversee labor needs and direct scheduling & hiring activities
- Oversee warehouse and supply chain to ensure efficient flow of raw material and finished goods
- Work with HR to support employee development and retention
- Oversee OSHA compliance and company safety program
- Work with QA department to maintain SQF compliance
- Guarantee products are manufactured efficiently and in compliance with quality standards
- Deliver production updates to senior management as related to order completion and finished goods issues
- Seek out operational pain points and continually make improvements through streamlining systems and writing new SOPs
Hard Skills and Capabilities
- Proven experience overseeing operations in a manufacturing environment
- A degree in business administration or a related field, or comparable experience
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists
- Strong team leadership ability and proven ability to gain buy in
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Exceptional ability to prioritize workload and multitask
- Solid understanding of equipment operation
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Proficient with technology
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk around for long periods of time
- Beneficial but not required: Experience with SQF, HACCP, KPI, Six Sigma, & LEAN Manufacturing
- Strong follow through
- Once the ball is in your court it doesn’t leave your grasp. You can be counted on to see projects through to their completion.
- You connect the dots behind the scenes. You improve communication between teams and facilitate positive and dynamic relationships.
- Decision Maker
- You’re comfortable making decisions, big and small. You have the ability to to use the information available to make a confident decision, even in the midst of uncertainty.
- Flexible Work Style
- You’re just as comfortable working on the production line as you are behind a desk. You’ll be doing both.
- You show up where leadership is needed and see errors and strain as opportunities to improve the process for the future. You’re not easily discouraged.
- Calm under pressure
- You don’t get easily overwhelmed by pressure, on the contrary, a demanding and dynamic environment keeps you energized. You bring calm, order, and a plan to the chaos.
Position Start Date: Immediate
Benefits: 401k, Vacation, Medical