Sales Manager – New Business Ventures
Nestle USAApply for Job
Foods people love. The life you envisioned. We’re the food and beverage company behind lots of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, TOLL HOUSE, Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee.
Our business is innovating faster than ever and finding new ways to delight consumers while giving to our homes, communities, and planet. Across our sales organization, we are creating a workplace where collaboration is critical, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
We are looking for a skilled Sales Manager to join our innovative and dynamic New Business Ventures team based in Arlington, VA. This role is accountable for commercializing new brands and concepts, testing, learning, iterating, and scaling in-market. You will need to “think big and act small” by driving new to the world innovation in a lean environment in support of Nestlé USA’s New Business Ventures growth strategy.
In this strategic role, you will serve as a category, channel and customer expert to the New Business Ventures team and be the category expert to the field sales and broker teams. You will be responsible for identifying go-to-market strategies, selecting key retail partners to partner, and performing sell-in of new products in service of incubating and scaling the next leading brand(s) that will complement Nestlé USA’s core businesses and create incremental, sustainable growth.
You will be responsible for consumer-based category or segment(s) and the achievement of sales volume, category, market share growth, and trade spend targets. This role will lead Category specific strategic initiatives spanning Commercial execution and Financial/Process improvement. You will work in close collaboration with Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, our Broker partners, and the broader Sales organization to achieve a comprehensive solution across all departments.
You will drive Category Strategy and Product / brand category objectives. Based on shopper insights, you will establish critical, strategic key points for channel / key customer at the category / segment level and resolve overall category / brand needs at the ‘4P’ level.
Key Experiences: What experiences are key to success in this job?
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Sales or Marketing preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional environment, innately connecting and working with others in driving action with a “ONE TEAM” mentality
- Knowledge of core Business Processes (e.g. Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Leading)
- Knowledge of Strategic and Integrated Commercial Planning process
- Knowledge of Customer best practices, Market Intelligence, Category/Channel/ Shopper trends and interpreting shopper insights into actionable ideas
- Financial knowledge in order to evaluate return on investment
- Demonstrated knowledge of business driving technology solutions and internal/external industry insights and trends
- Broker management experience preferred