Tasting Room Manager
Deschutes BreweryApply for Job
Deschutes Brewery is looking for a Tasting Room Manager to oversee our tasting room in Roanoke, VA! The Tasting room manager oversees all aspects of service and product quality with the goal of Blowing Our Customers Minds. This position ensures that the tasting room is aligned with overall company strategy as well as ensuring profitability and guest satisfaction. The Tasting room manager is responsible for creating and carrying out strategic plans related to the Tasting Room and holds their team accountable for delivering fantastic guest service and achieving business results. Where relevant, manages the tour operation. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and interest in craft beer, exceptional communication skills, great attitude and a solid level of experience in leading a team to achieve goals.
- Be the face of Deschutes Brewery in the Roanoke community, translating the Deschutes Brewery Culture, authentic sense of community, and dedication while executing and inspiring the highest standards for guest experience
- Leads the daily activities of the tasting room to achieve revenue goals and ensure the highest levels of customer service
- Responsible for accurate product inventories and management of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Work with regional sales team to facilitate educational opportunities for our distributor partners, local accounts, and fans
- Leader of a team of Deschutes Brewery brand ambassadors, including training, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, providing regular feedback and recognition, disciplining as necessary, and addressing team concerns; participates in the recruitment of new co-owners, including interviewing and making hiring decisions
- Develop understanding of the financials of the tasting room and executes on strategies to achieve sales, product, and labor cost goals; responsible for managing the tasting room budget, ensuring that expenses are within budgetary guidelines
- Initiates programs to drive sales and cash flow at the tasting room
- Curates a wide variety of beer styles on draft and package; works directly with on-site brewer for beer selections and quality
- Ensures that beer service meets the standards of Deschutes Brewery
- May be required to interact with media within Deschutes Brewery's communication protocols
- Comply with Deschutes Brewery safety practices, policies, and procedures and actively promote safe work practices.
- Support an inclusive and equitable workplace and follow all Deschutes Brewery practices, policies, and procedures to ensure a respectful and welcoming work environment for all.
What you'll Need for this Position:
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position
- 3 or more years' experience in a similar position and/or performing similar tasks, with at least 1 year of people management/direct supervisory experience
- Valid alcohol service certificates, food handlers permits and all other locally required certifications
- Working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Cicerone or similar beer industry training preferred
- Advanced management training preferred
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.