Head Brewer / Product Development Manager
The Fermentorium Beverage Co.Apply for this Job
The Head Brewer / Product Development Manager is an energetic, positive member of the brewing team responsible for the formulation of new products, process and product improvement, and quality assurance from concept to packaging. Works well in a group, and follows direction from senior-level team members, while communicating issues and problems that arise. Comfortable working both independently and on team projects. The Head Brewer / Product Development Manager is a salaried position under the lead of Director of Brewing Operations.
- Support The Fermentorium Beverage Company’s values and expectations of quality.
- Brainstorm new products, concepts, and recipes and be able to communicate the ideas to management and customers.
- Work with Director of Brewing Operations to source raw materials.
- Create 1BBL pilot batches from brew sheet to process to package.
- Ensure the maintenance and good working order of all brewing equipment.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and bottled gas.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure a safe working environment and supports safety improvements.
- Identify cost-saving initiatives (beer & material loss, brewing efficiencies, etc.) and develop corrective actions plans.
- Maintain Brewing areas at a tour-ready state.
- Able to lift 55 lbs and maneuver 165 lbs.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a production brewery setting, 1500BBL/yr or greater.
- Strong skills in technical aspects of brewing, recipe development, beer finishing, project management, leadership, and personnel development.
- Proven abilities in hiring, training and management of production personnel.
- Technical and analytical skills adequate to effectively resolve beer production, quality, and employee performance issues.
- Sound technical knowledge of brewing raw materials and components.
- Experience in motivating staff to achieve goals; ability to develop and manage productive relationships with staff and peers locally and remotely.
- A strong working knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and TTB regulations.
- Experience with ERP software such as Ekos or OrchestratedBEER.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Forklift operation experience/certification.
- Four-year college degree in brewing or a brewing-related field is a plus.
- Continue to grow personal knowledge of beer styles and brewing techniques.
- Occasional customer engagement; must be able to present ideas, values and beer knowledge in a professional and public manner.
- Ability to work with others and receive constructive criticism and feedback.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve mechanical equipment.
- Manage time efficiently while balancing training with completing assigned tasks.
- Work under the guidance and oversight of Director of Brewing Operations.