The California Spirits CompanyApply for this Job
Also looking for the following: QA Techs, Batching Technicians, Junior Buyer. If interested, please let us know when applying to position.
Individuals will perform packaging activities efficiently and safely, incorporating quality in every bottle, can, and case, within company specifications and schedules. This includes bottling, canning and warehousing. Must be able to work any shift in a 24-hour period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain packaging lines, including starting and stopping of packaging equipment
- Must be able to manually stack pallets of finished goods according to specifications.
- Must be able to manually produce finished goods including taping/gluing of boxes/trays, packing of boxes/trays, and feeding product on and off of the production line.
- Must be able to set up lines from tanks to bottle/can fillers. Ensure correct product in those lines. Perform line Sanitation between product changes.
- Perform clean in place (CIP) operations on fillers.
- Ability to do advanced troubleshooting on equipment and perform operator level PM’s.
- Must be able to perform all start-up procedures for facility.
- Have the ability to find and perform tasks to ensure continuous work throughout shift.
- · Must adhere to escalation protocol and ensure proper channels of escalation are being followed.
- Accurately complete and update information forms and logs.
- Use software package to accurately track and charge materials to the production orders.
- Effectively communicate to warehouse personnel any and all goods which will need to be returned back to inventory if / when not used.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; accurately filling out inspection sheets based on overall production quality.
- Complete food safety training and implement when needed.
- · Perform package change-overs on equipment as required and ensure equipment is running properly before production begin. Use of hand tools to perform change-overs may be required.
- · Load boxes, labels, sleeves, bottles/cans etc. in appropriate machines.
- Watch flow of materials, i.e. cans/bottles/boxes/trays, etc. into appropriate machine and clear jams if necessary.
- Ensure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run.
- Must do visual inspection of boxes to ensure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable. Must ensure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes, and trays.
- Address and report any major defects or quality issues to the shift lead or supervisor.
- Monitor machines while running. Check to see that all bottles/cans are packed into boxes and on pallets correctly.
- Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Housekeeping: maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms. Remove plastic, cardboard and contaminated bottles/cans when needed; dispose of materials when needed. Keep work area clean at all times.
- Ensure that all packaging equipment and the packaging area are completely 100% clean and sanitary, ready for the following days or shifts production.
- Operate forklift in safe and efficient manner. Stage/move/load/unload materials.
- Handle chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures.
- Participate in mid to high-level packaging projects when required.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and protocols including established Work Instructions and SOPs.
- Embrace continuous improvement.
- Proactively work to obtain signoffs and operate equipment in accordance with Work Instructions and SOPs
- · Ability to create documentation, including Work Instructions and SOPs when needed.
- Ability to train other employees when required.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous bottle or can filling experience is preferred. Previous forklift experience preferred.
- · Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Microsoft Word, and Gmail/Outlook. Orchestra knowledge is a plus.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift certification preferred but not required
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.