Taproom Hospitality Manager
Our Mutual Friend BrewingApply for this Job
Our Mutual Friend Brewing is looking for a Taproom Hospitality Manager to join our team.
OMF opened its doors in 2012 and is located on Larimer Street north-east of downtown. Originally focused primarily on traditional styles using only Colorado grown ingredients, the brewery has since greatly expanded its offerings to include internationally recognized examples of saison and mixed-culture beers, while also garnering a reputation for some of the best hop focused beers Denver has to offer. We value community and aim to include people who are focused on creating a positive, place-based culture in this city.
We have a small group of full-time employees that make up the brewing and leadership teams. The Taproom Hospitality Manager will work with them on a daily basis to ensure a seamless cohesive union between our products and services, as well as overseeing the FOH staff.
We are searching for someone who is willing and eager to approach this management position in a way that positively changes how the brewery thinks about hospitality, accountability, and unforeseen challenges. We seek someone who is naturally well organized, confident, and friendly. They have agile problem solving skills, and can see what needs to happen in a situation and make the necessary decisions with confidence.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be hard-working and ethical
- Be eager to solve problems
- Be able to get up to speed in a fast-paced environment quickly
- Be eager to grow their knowledge of the beer world
- Learn about the brewing process and have an interest in increasing that knowledge
- Have experience in a high-volume service environment
- Have table service experience (preferred but not required)
- Be proactive and willing to adapt to COVID-19 requirements and guidelines
- Have weekend and possible holiday availability
This individual will be responsible for:
- Helping execute the FOH operational strategy including opening and closing duties, staff assignments, and customer issues
- Ensuring the customer interaction model is consistent with the vision and goals of OMF
- Helping to ensure the Point of Sale system is operating effectively and accurately
- Identifying staff issues, challenges, and carrying out staffing changes
- Attending and contributing to management meetings with the OMF leadership team on a biweekly basis
- Managing the general front of house operations for the brewery
- Managing and scheduling FOH staff including the Assistant Manager
- Managing all menu systems
- Ordering supplies and maintaining general supply levels
- Organizing the draft line room and beer supplies
- Cleaning and maintaining the draft lines and overall draft system
- Organizing merchandise and working with OMF leadership to ensure upkeep of inventory
- Using OMF communication platforms and ensuring FOH staff do as well
- Working closely with brewhouse staff to communicate upcoming releases with FOH staff and help prioritize employee education
- Working at least one bar shift every week
- Other duties as assigned
Immediate projects that we are hoping this person will work on:
- Assess the brewery's POS system and evaluate whether or not a new one could benefit OMF
- Assist the brewery in deciding on the best approach to the current COVID service model as it pertains to revenue and safety
- Misc. Fixture, furniture, and equipment upkeep
- This is a full-time position with 40 hours weekly, including nights, weekends, and potentially holidays
- The job is primarily located at our taproom at 2810 Larimer Street, Denver CO 80205
- A drivers license is highly preferred, but not required
- Pay rate is salaried at $47,840 per year
- Initial performance review will take place at (or around) 90 days of employment in this role.
We acknowledge that the craft beer industry lacks diversity, but Our Mutual Friend Brewing is committed to seeking out diverse candidates — including black, brown, indigenous, LGBTQ, and non-binary people. We believe that our organization is better when we have a diverse workforce and strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
This is a full-time salaried position.
Compensation is $47,840.00 USD / year
(Note: we will attempt to reply to everyone that applies in a timely matter as to the status of their application regardless of advancement. Please keep in mind we are also making and selling beer! Please be patient with us. we really appreciate it.)