Brewing Assistant and Processing Technician
Prime Roots (Plant Based Foods)Apply for Job
Prime Roots is seeking a skilled Brewing Assistant and Processing Technician to help us scale up our manufacturing operations, as well as participate in the research and development of innovative, delicious, and sustainable foods. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of sustainable and delicious food innovation and be amongst a team of hardworking do-ers. You will oversee downstream processing and assist meaningfully with the scaleup of our fermentation-based platform.
What you’ll do:
- Daily operation of protein processing equipment and occasionally run experiments to test different process parameters at direction of R&D team
- Assist in setup of pilot scale process equipment
- Daily CIP (clean in place) of processing equipment
- Quality assurance and quality control of protein products within scale-up environment
- Work with our team of food scientists and fermentation scientists to refine end products
- Ensuring a clean, sanitary work environment to uphold food safety standards
- Monitoring all process parameters and keeping records to aid process improvements
Who you are:
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with Brewing, Winery or Dairy processing equipment (mixing tanks, pumps, mills, separators, centrifuges etc.) required.
- Previous experience working in a fermentation, brewing, winery, or dairy processing environment
- Familiarity with machinery and in setting up and troubleshooting
- Experienced in operating processing machinery in the brewing industry including tanks, pumps, separators, centrifuges, centrifugal separators, and other industrial equipment
- Experience independently running CIP cycles in a food or beverage environment
- Training on chemical titration and chemical safety, CIP, ATP validation and general Food Processing Sanitation rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
Perks of working with us:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing startup with an innovative team.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k).
- Food, of course.
Prime Roots is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Prime Roots
Prime Roots (formerly Terramino Foods) is a venture backed San Francisco Bay Area based food company that is mission and community driven. Prime Roots grows and uses a fungi superprotein to make delicious and ultra-sustainable food products. The work of the Prime Roots team has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, Food and Wine, and more.