Graphic Designer /Product Designer
Antigo ZeonApply for this Job
Position Summary: Join the creative team at Antigo Zeon, the nation’s largest domestic manufacturer of POS/POP products for the craft beer industry and beyond! In this role you will help breweries turn their brand identity and brand story into designs for creative marketing products that help them STAND OUT & SELL MORE.
Utilizes industry knowledge as well as the client’s brand story and market goals to design the most creative, innovative, and effective POS/POP designs in the industry including illuminated signage, displays, promotional products and more that help the brewery achieve maximum visibility in the market. This position works closely with sales, engineers, and manufacturing personnel to turn creative ideas into physical goods that promote craft beer and tell the stories of countless breweries in the U.S. and around the world. The sky is the limit on the position, and it requires someone who can be both creative and practical with an array of POS/POP products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Researching client branding, objectives and consumer products thoroughly to maintain clients brand integrity
- Sketching and interpreting creative ideas; pushing boundaries for innovative designs
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of current up-to date computer software: Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel. Maintain in-house file structures
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and 1-day turn around on projects
- Accountability with being able to manage time between multiple projects
- Gathering information on complicated projects with various departments to meet client expectations
- Aware of client budget as unique individual design and conceptualizing information with each project
- Sharing ideas and open to direction then utilizing feedback/direction for creating a stronger design.
- Layout design, attention to detail and aware of specification information required
- Assist marketing department with various other graphic design needs for marketing, advertising, etc.
- Assist the VP of Sales and Marketing with design department tasks and initiatives as directed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Design and creativity: Is a creative thinker that has a passion for artistic creation and visual storytelling. Can apply/adapt artistic creativity through a variety of products made of different materials. Can balance creativity with practical build constraints as well as deadlines and budget.
Communications: Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written and artistic/graphic form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service: Displays courtesy, sensitivity and empathy. Manages difficult or emotional internal and customer situations. Meets sometimes tight time commitments. Responds promptly to the needs of the customer and the team.
Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Both follows instruction and brings new ideas/approaches to the table. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
Planning & Organization: Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently and can manage time between multiple projects.
Quality: Fosters quality focus in self and others. Sets a high bar in terms of expectations of quality and creativity. Improves design processes. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback. Aware of client budget as unique individual design and conceptualizing information with each projectSharing ideas and open to direction then utilizing feedback/direction for creating a stronger design.
Use of Technology: Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor Degree in graphic design or industrial design
- 1-2 years of experience in graphic design or industrial design
- 2-3 years of related graphic design experience preferred
Language Ability: Fluency in English language is required. Also must be able to read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or documents. Proficient verbal, writing and summarization skills.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of current up-to date computer software: Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel. Maintain in-house file structures. CAD is a plus.
Work Environment: Fast paced, demanding, scrappy, fun, flexible and dog friendly.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to visually discern, distinguish, perceive, inspect, and assess specific subltle details in and specifications in designs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time. Requires the ability to operate of a computer and necessary software.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.