TruvaniApply for this Job
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Truvani is a health and wellness brand that has one clear mission: create products people use in their daily lives with CLEAN ingredients.
Many companies claim it. We actually mean it.
Our co-founder Vani Hari, better known as The Food Babe, started out as an activist who wanted to hold big companies accountable for what they put into their products. And she made tremendous progress with the help of her online following dubbed "The Food Babe Army."
But after years of fighting, she realized that the only way to make a truly lasting change in the food system is to compete with these big companies head-to-head.
So, she launched Truvani. We are a fast paced, high-growth health and wellness company that is looking to work with talented, ambitious people who want to create the best health and wellness products.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. You will play an enormously important supportive role, keeping our company and clients’ financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, and analytical skills.
- BA, BS, or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 2 years minimum experience in accounting
- Good problem solving
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and accounting software (QuickBooks).
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare and file tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of budgets.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for cash disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounting software (QuickBooks); make recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrate our values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Assisting the VP of Finance as needed and responding to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Full time market-based compensation based on experience
- Health and 401k benefits offered after 60 days
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Position is available immediately and will remain open until filled
- This is a permanent position with an opportunity to grow within the company (so we would like to hire someone that is awesome and is excited about being a part of our team).
HOW TO APPLY
- Email resume and cover letter with the subject line “Your Next Staff Accountant” to email@example.com. Let us know why you’re our next Staff Accountant!
- Note: If you do not email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will not be considered for the position.