Hatchet Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Hatchet Brewing Company is a growing local brewery and taproom located in downtown Southern Pines, NC. We are looking for an energetic, creative individual to join our team as a head brewer. We are taproom-focused brewery with some distribution. The brewhouse features a 15-bbl Deutsche Beverage system and 2-bbl pilot system. Fermenters include four 15-bbl FVs, two 30-bbl FV, two 4-bbl FVs, and two 2-bbl FVs.
Position Description: The head brewer is responsible for all aspects of day-to-day brewery operation. This will include forecasting of production goals, planning a production calendar, managing employees, creating new product recipes, and managing resources.
In addition to those already with head brewing experience, experienced assistant or shift brewers looking to step into a leadership role are encouraged to apply. The current head brewer will be on-hand to train during a probationary period. If you have two or more years of professional brewing experience in a production brewery and are looking to challenge yourself, this might be the right place for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of brewing from wort production to cellaring to packaging.
- Consistently recreate existing flagships and seasonals.
- Recipe formulation.
- Ordering and inventorying of raw materials and consumables.
- Management of production volume needs and production schedule.
- Use of brewery management software and keeping detailed records of quality metrics.
- Care and calibration of quality instruments.
- Care and maintenance of brewing equipment and support systems.
- Facilitate collaborations with other breweries and local businesses
- Maintain ongoing education for taproom staff.
- Represent the brewery at festivals and taproom events.
- 2-3 years professional brewing experience in a brewpub or production brewery in the role of assistant brewer or higher.
- Diverse portfolio of recipes (preferably brewed, but conceptual recipes also welcome).
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with QC/QA
- Experience guiding tastings for staff and/or customers
- Familiarity with Ekos, Arryved, Untappd for Business, Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Bachelor's degree or degree/certificate in brewing science desirable, but not required.
- Lift 55 pounds from ground to shoulder height and maneuver 170 pounds at ground height.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in confined spaces.
If this sounds like a good fit, please send an updated resume and a brief description of why this position appeals to you to our current head brewer at Aaron Delgaty at firstname.lastname@example.org.