Two Roads Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Join one of the USA’s most rapidly growing facilities. We offer tremendous learning and growth opportunities in a state-of-the-art facility producing a full range of ale, lager, barrel aged, and sour beer. Two Roads Brewing Company is seeking individuals to join the brewing team. This position requires at least 3 years of working brewery experience. A Shift Brewer oversees the production of wort in the brewhouse and will assist the Lead Shift Brewer in the successful completion of the production schedule as a whole. The Shift Brewer will be expected to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude while remaining focused on safety and quality of work. The position reports directly to the Lead Shift Brewer and requires working on a rotating 24x7 schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all hot-side brewhouse operations including but not limited to: wort production, sour wort production, hop handling, yeast management, and brewhouse cleaning.
- Must be up-to-date and knowledgeable on all cellar tasks and relevant SOPs.
- Coordinate with the Lead Cellar Technician to prioritize malt handling, cellar tasks, and overall brewery cleanliness/organization.
- Ensure that all work is completed according to Two Roads SOP’s and safety programs.
- Ensure that all production data is logged in the appropriate place(s).
- Ensure that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
- Perform routine sensory analysis on wort and beer in production and report irregularities when necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory of raw materials, chemicals, brewery parts and equipment, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
- Routinely monitor yeast inventory and planning.
- Report required maintenance and safety issues.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to cellar staff
- Implement temporary recipe changes at the direction of the Lead Brewer, Brewing Manager, Director of Brewing Operations, or Brewmaster.
- Communicate with the incoming shift and report to the Lead Brewers to ensure a complete information exchange at each shift change.
- Complete lab tests when necessary (ie: cell counts, alcholyzer, TA).
- Perform all cold-side production operations including but not limited to: separations, dry hopping, fruit/sugar additions, CIPs, transfers, and pilot tasks.
- Stand in for Lead Brewer in the Lead Brewer’s absence
- Volunteer for the Safety, Cleanliness or Inventory Committee
- 3+ years of working brewery experience
- Strong knowledge of brewing science
- Proficient in all cold-side cellar operations (separation/filtration, CIP, dry hopping, transfers)
- Experience with brewery automation software is preferred
Physical, Mental, and other Requirements
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 55lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, and/or weekends
- Will be responsible for using various machinery, tools, and PPE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
While performing the duties of this position, the shift brewer is exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@tworoadsbrewing.com to discuss your application.