Region Sales Manager
Once Upon A FarmApply for this Job
Once Upon a Farm is a California-based company with a big dream: to provide yummy and nutritious “farm-to-family” foods to kids of all ages. Our company is rooted in honesty, integrity and transparency, and it is our vision to provide as many children as possible with the best tasting, most nutritious, and highest quality food utilizing sustainable methods.
Our ingredients come from certified organic farms we know and trust, and our food is gently prepared and blended in certified organic kitchens. We never add any sugars, preservatives, pre-processed purees, or concentrates and all of our products are certified organic, non-GMO, kosher and are Gluten-Free. Most importantly, instead of high heat thermal pasteurization that is typically used in shelf stable products (which kills vital nutrients, enzymes and healthy bacteria), we use High Pressure (HPP) that puts our eco-friendly pouches into water chambers with 5x the pressure as the deepest part of the ocean! This unique technology maintains food safety and retains the nutrients, enzymes, textures, colors, and aromas of the original foods – setting up a lifetime of healthy eating for little ones and creating a product line that can be enjoyed by family members of all ages.
We support and champion farmers who supply the highest-quality organic ingredients for our foods. We help moms and dads keep their promise to provide the best nourishment for their children’s body and soul. We treat our consumers, customers, suppliers, investors and all our valued employees with the same high level of dignity and respect that we expect from others. We will always fight for and support efforts to drive positive social change and food justice for the benefit of parents, kids and families. Lastly, we foster an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture that values humility, honesty, passion, positive social impact, and fun.
Position Title: Region Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: United States – Northeast Marketplace
The Region Sales Manager will need to be scrappy and able to roll up their sleeves immediately to get our products sold in a highly competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include oversight of all sales activities for select Retailers in the Northeast/New England market to achieve maximum market penetration for Once Upon A Farm’s portfolio of items. This will entail working at both strategic and tactical levels to develop, implement, and manage programs that maximize both short and long-range objectives for the company’s sales growth; managing and motivating a broker sales team; and working in close collaboration with the Once Upon a Farm team, its founders, & other functional leads (Marketing, Business Development, Customer Service, Finance, Supply, etc.).
It is critical that the Region Sales manager have a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues as well as providing strategic input. He/she will be involved in both personal accounts selling, as well as managing and motivating the company’s independent broker salesforce. Key areas of focus will encompass leadership across a variety of fronts -- key account management, planning and forecasting, data analysis, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs, in-store execution, & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Once Upon a Farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Gross Sales
- Achieve volume targets in the assigned geography or markets by effectively penetrating accounts and identifying new opportunities.
- Lead the sales agency team members to deliver results.
- Build an accurate forecast for the market area
- Achieve Net Sales targets & manage trade spend within guidelines:
- Focus on sales initiatives that deliver upon financial commitments.
- Measure trade promotions and review performance vs. plan
- Monitor trade efficiency, tracking, and impact to P&L.
- Work with the planning process with trade, slotting, and customer specific promotions.
- Timely deduction clearing
- Grow market share, have expert knowledge of category & competition.
- Proactively communicate and develop plans for sales/share/category/competition.
- Identify business opportunities and close white space accounts.
- Increase TDP growth and achieve optimal placement.
- Achieve optimal placement.
- Secure fair share of space
- Define and secure new business & TDP growth
- Ensure all POS (e.g. coolers, shelf talkers, coupons, etc) are utilized effectively in market
- Business Relationships & Communication
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong customer relationships while ensuring proper communication of vital information.
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers, often in coordination with the sales agency.
- Regularly update and communicate progress to management.
- Develop and monitor business scorecards. (Defining clear account penetration, sales, share, trade goals
- Identify and attend trade shows and sampling opportunities to represent the brand.
Skills and Requirements
- 2-5 years of retail, Grocery Channels with direct key account or sales region management responsibility preference for Northeast Retailers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Knowledge of HQ selling strongly preferred including Shoprite, Market Basket, Wegmans, Giant Eagle
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working leading brokers and distributors
- Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Proven success in sales leadership with respected consumer packaged goods companies with a broker business model, serving diverse retailers, including direct key account or channel responsibility.
- Ideally, experience in both large and small companies thereby possessing the vision for the elements of a highly successful larger enterprise balanced with a more hands-on approach.
- Ability to travel extensively.