Southwest Regional Sales Manager
Brewery Branding Co.Apply for this Job
Position: Regional Sales Manager FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
Location: Position can be based in Portland, CA, or Texas
Brewery Branding is the leading merchandise and promotional printing company for the craft brewing industry. Additionally, we provide resources that build brewers brands by providing in-house design, fulfillment, and on-line store management for our customers. This position is critical in order to reach our growth potential and profitability by creating partnerships with breweries that help to promote their brands through the creation of killer brewery merchandise.
The position is responsible for overseeing the development of sales within its region. They will also be responsible for creating and managing key accounts within its territory. An ideal manager will be amazing at: Motivating and managing a team of sales folks, mining data and forming a plan of attack based on gut instinct that is supported by sales data and regional trends, is a calculated risk taker and has the ability to think outside the box when presented with challenges. The RSM position will be 100% responsible for region profitability and growth while actively managing a book of accounts.
Specific Duties Include
- Active management of sales for Brewery Branding and its customers within region
- Goal setting with monthly/quarterly progress reports to your team
- Active in-field selling with not only your own accounts but with each of your team members as needed and with some scheduled frequency
- Setting and maintaining the highest standards of any promotional or retail company within the following areas; sales interactions, quality of all merchandise, customer perceived value
- Will be aggressive with finding ways to participate, support, and add value to the Brewery industry
- Training coordination for the sales management and sales support department to include but not limited to; Training of new sales reps to source and properly quote business as well as ERP/CRM onboarding and training.
- Develop and execute internal and external traffic management protocols
- Vendor management to include vendor selection and onboarding. Will work closely with Sales Production Lead to standardize production communication from sales support to vendors.
Active with presenting new products and decoration trends to other in-house departments
At Brewery Branding, we take our core principles very seriously. All team members should embrace and embody these values to support our purpose and be an active part of our culture.
Brewery Branding’s Core Purpose
Our core purpose is to thrive as individuals and collectively by forming mutually beneficial relationships within the passionate and creative brewing industry.
Our Core Values
Operate with integrity. Be proud. Be positive. Be accountable. Be open to progress. Be your best, every day. Get your sh*t done and have fun doing it. We’re in this together.
- Two to five years merchandise and promotional printing operations experience
- Proven success with key accounts with a consumer products company (preferable in the beer industry)
- Position requires basic knowledge and skills in the following areas: sales, business, category management, sales analytics, program planning, and organizational development
- Must possess basic business financial and supporting analytical skills
- Analysis, planning and execution – possess advanced analysis, objective setting, tracking, and measuring abilities for low-complexity applications with short term planning horizons. Ability to access and analyze information from various sources, reach conclusions, and provide input into larger planning processes. Ability to access and manipulate data sources and use office applications including effective email practices
- Organization development - ability to interact effectively in one-on-one situations with co-workers and customers. Approachable personality with a strong customer focus. Demonstrates leadership with the ability to influence customers
- Basic computer software proficiency (MS Office/G Suite; sales tracking tools), ability to update company databases
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days. Weekends and evening events are a common occurrence
- Must have good record keeping and business communication skills
- Familiarity of multiple aspects of the brewing and promotional industry
This position will directly manage a team including but not limited to Territory Sales reps and Sales Support reps. Your team will be a mix of in office and in field crew members that will all require a high frequency of face to face visits.
Work Environment Due to the nature of the work, this position can be performed remotely. Travel may be required up to 60% of the time.
Preferred Bachelor’s degree.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to work at a computer workstation for long periods of time. The ability to travel is high with long periods of driving and frequent flights to market.
Brewery Branding offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed professionals. We also offer the following benefits:
- Health care package for employee, dependents at employee cost
- Paid vacation time
- Holiday and sick pay
- 401K plan
Brewery Branding is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for this job.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.