Customer Sales Director - Health Channel Segment
King Arthur Baking CompanyApply for Job
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We're not going anywhere - we've been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our "never bleached" guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee's contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The primary purpose of the Customer Sales Director is to oversee and manage all aspects of sales within assigned retailer accounts for King Arthur Baking Company. These responsibilities are primarily focused around health channel retailers: UNFI/Super Valu (Whole Foods Markets); KEHE, Sprouts, etc.?The Customer?Sales Director?is responsible for developing and executing retailer specific sales plans?and?programs resulting in the delivery of?their?assigned revenue budget?and overall teams’ budget. ?The Customer?Sales Director?manages?and executes?programs which align with company brand and strategy and deliver profitable and sustainable growth to targeted brands, across a diverse range of retailers. The?individual in this?role works closely with both Marketing, Trade Marketing and Operations to develop and execute brand strategies which build King?Arthur Baking Company (KABC)?brand awareness and deliver profitable revenue growth.?The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward.
The Location: This role may work remote in the any Midwest or Northeast state of the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops?and drives?profitable sales within assigned accounts for King Arthur?Baking Company?
- Directs?and oversees?implementation and execution of sales and marketing?programs?
- Delivers?assigned revenue and volume sales targets within budget?guidelines?
- Manages?trade budget and other resources to optimize?results?
- Forecasts?sales,?updating in?real?time,?by retailer?in order to?provide?guidance to inventory/supply?teams?
- Grows?distribution in assigned retailer?accounts?
- Owns?the retailer and product portfolio, ensuring the right balance of product offerings to meet customer?needs??
- Provides?ongoing input regarding marketplace conditions/ retailer go-to-market strategies (new technology / tools, programs, etc.)?
- Oversees, manages?and develops?respective Brokers including providing clear concise direction, measuring and evaluating performance and holding Brokers accountable for?results?
- Understands?and manages?accordingly all aspects of the “evolving” decision making/go-to-market process within assigned retailer accounts,?including account direction/changes and how decisions are made (multiple department involvement,?i.e.?category manager/buyer, ecommerce dept., marketing dept., supply chain, customer service, etc.) in order?to optimize KABC?presence?
- Owns?and?manages?the customer relationships at assigned accounts. ?Penetrate all levels of assigned accounts?
- Maintains a?willingness to travel as needed (usually 30% of time)?
SALES STRATEGY & PLANNING??
- Develops?retailer specific strategies to expand KABC business opportunities?in order?to maintain a healthy balance between base business and new products. ??
- Creates?go-to-market trade activation plans for assigned retailers in line with strategic brand priorities and channel strategies -?drives?excellence in execution.??
- Executes?the overall 4P Guidelines: - Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing –working closely with the trade/category management and marketing teams. ??
- Translates?marketplace/retailer learnings regarding trade and shopper marketing – market, channel and/or account specific insights and other data source?analytics, and?translates insights into opportunistic plans that feed the Marketing planning process and brand strategy development.??
- Contributes?to category and marketing plans, with retailer specific insights and promotional strategies. ???
TRADE INVESTMENT/FUNDS MANAGEMENT/BUDGETING??
- Manages?assigned trade budgets to ensure that all resources are effectively used to drive both optimal results and ROI while delivering profitable revenue/sales growth.??
- Analyzes?promotional activities - performance / level of spending, and evaluate key programs results against established KPIs, leveraging trade and finance teams as needed for ROI assistance.??
- Contributes?to the development and compliance management of account KPI’s. Make proactive recommendations to improve programming details and/or execution efficiencies for gaps.??
BUSINESS INSIGHTS & PERFORMANCE MONITORING??
- Analyzes?and manages?retailers’, category, KABC share trends and data by retailer (such as, but not limited to Spins, Nielsen, retailer specific data, etc.) to support confident decision-making in determining strategy in areas such new retailer opportunities. ???
- Collaborates?with Manager, Category Management, and Supply/Operations to identify and communicate gaps to targets/budgets, and work with the respective teams to develop/execute gap?fillers????
- Tracks?retailer performance in all sales fundamentals against the category, competition and growth targets/KPI’s?
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Minimum job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field?
- Master’s degree in business or relevant field preferred?
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience?
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience?in the health channel?required,?baking?category experience a plus?
- Proven successes?working with?and building business with distributors?UNFI; Whole Foods Market,?Kehe, Sprouts and other health channel?retailers?
- Proficient in Word,?Excel?and PowerPoint?
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how their role contributes to larger outcomes
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learns from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listens and respects others’ points of view
- Participates in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Is community minded – gets involved, volunteers
Physical requirements/work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit or stand and work on a computer for long periods of?time?
- Ability to travel long distances by car, train and/or?air?
- Ability to work in an open office and remote work?environment?
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adheres to company-wide green norms, looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educates oneself on KAB environmental campaigns
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
There's room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to apply for a position, participate in the application process, and meet the essential functions and requirements of the position.
*Amounts vary based achievement of financial targets. Participation based on hire date and program entry date.