Weber ScientificApply for this Job
Weber Scientific is a leading distributor of laboratory supplies in the food and beverage industries. Over the last 8 years we have experienced significant growth within the craft brewing market, helping breweries both small and large improve their quality control program. From spoilage organisms testing to sanitation control, Weber Scientific aims to provide comprehensive solutions to the brewing industry.
Weber Scientific is looking for a high-performing account manager to help us meet our business objectives in rapidly growing industries. The candidate will primarily focus on the brewing industry and work with customers in order to promote quality control products within brewery laboratories. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining professional relationships and networking with members of the brewing industry to meet organizational goals. This candidate will also grow into other target markets such as wine and cannabis, both of which are existing markets for the business, but require long-term growth strategies generated by the Market Specialist.
- Maintain existing customer base and promote new products through customer visits, tradeshows, and conferences while simultaneously growing customer base through networking, market research, and prospecting.
- Manage customer expectations through periodic follow-up and attending customer-sponsored events as appropriate.
- Assist with product development strategies for products applicable to target industries as needed. Create sales strategies and work closely with customers to successfully launch new products for quality testing.
- Maintain technical proficiency through periodic training, workshops, and educational seminars to meet customer needs.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify prospective customers undergoing brewery expansion projects and construction of new breweries.
- Market research into other target industries (wine and cannabis) will be essential to meeting the business’ long-term goals and profitability expectations.
- Perform periodic sales analysis to evaluate profitability of industry in relation to organizational performance. Report significant successes and pending business in weekly sales meetings and coordinate with other departments to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Work intimately with marketing team to direct marketing efforts, while brainstorming content necessary for marketing campaigns.
Previous experience and/or intimate understanding of the brewing process in order to understand brewing QA/QC needs is required
BS degree in business or science
Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences
Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
Ability to present technical information at public events such as conferences, tradeshows, and webinars
This position may be in-office or remote, and includes travel up to 30% within the U.S.
Act as subject matter expert within the brewing industry, and eventually in other target markets
Skills and Qualifications
Brewing QA/QC, Technical Proficiency, Sales and Marketing, Sales Analysis, CRM/ERP, Technical Presentation Skills, Building Relationships, Interpersonal Skills, Team Dynamics,
Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Basic Understanding of Laboratory Practices, Brewing Process Knowledge, Interpersonal Skills
Base salary $50,000 to $55,000 annually DOE plus commission, PTO/Comp time, medical & dental plans, and a 401k plan.