Scofflaw Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Scofflaw Brewing Company is looking to expand our brewing team. With continued growth and new projects underway, we are looking for an experienced brewer (2+ years professional brewing experience preferred, however, less will be considered for the right candidate). Ideal candidates will have experience brewing on a fifty-barrel commercial system and a detailed understanding of a purpose driven laboratory. Equity potential after 6 months of demonstrating ownership level performance. Agreement will be made by contract prior to on-boarding. This is a career move for a highly qualified and motivated candidate.
- 2+ years working in a brewery, winery, or distillery strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to work 2nd and 3rd shifts (sometimes on weekends)
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends if needed.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of the brewing, cellaring and packaging process
- Possess common safety and sanitary procedures for working with grain, chemicals, heat and pressure.
- Possess common CIP and SIP procedures for brewhouse, FVs, BBTs, kegs and other production equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to come to work with a positive attitude and arrive promptly every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Main responsibilities will be daily wort production on our 50-bbl automated brewhouse or our 15-bbl pilot system
- Perform general process and maintenance procedures for operating grain mill, boiler, brewhouse, pumps and other equipment.
- Perform full CIP procedures based on SOP’s
- Keep meticulous records of all brewing and cellaring logs
- Have an obsession with maintaining a clean production facility
- Assist in any other tasks needed to run a successful brewery
- Maintain a safe and secure and clean working environment
- Must be timely and punctual arriving to work and in all brewery related activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- You must be at least 21 years old to work at Scofflaw Brewing Company.
- Understand and communicate in English.
- Continually required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell.
- Continual exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environments is usually loud
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 170 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: canning line, keg washer/filler, brewhouse, boiler, CIP skid, yeast propagator, forklift, pallet jack, pallet wrapper.