Chief Operating Officer
Halyard Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Halyard Brewing Company is a quickly growing five-year-old beverage company that specializes in the production and sale of alcoholic ginger beer. We are in need of a chief operating officer (COO) to work alongside our CEO to lead our team, manage business operations, and drive the company towards continued accelerated growth and increased profitability. Our ideal candidate is a well-organized and clear-headed operator with professional industry experience in management and leadership positions. The COO must be a skilled communicator, effective leader and driven business person who can spur company growth, maintain key operational procedures, create new processes, and ensure day to day operational excellence. This is a unique opportunity to help lead a break-out brand to shape and define a burgeoning category in the U.S. and global alcoholic beverage industry.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity to help foster a thriving, inclusive, and effective team that can collaboratively exceed company objectives
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies, and translate these strategies into actionable goals for performance, effective processes, and performance management.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, goals, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop new processes and effectively manage existing processes to better company performance and increase profitability.
- Directly oversee operations, human resources, and accounting
- Partner with the CEO on strategic growth planning to budget for, and aggressively manage, capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves our strategic goals relative to growth and profitability
- Build and manage processes to connect our company’s various departments to ensure clear communication, effective work-flow, and goal achieving company-wide collaboration.
- Have the fortitude to solve problems and the clear-headedness to adjust processes so these problems do not reoccur.
- Monitor company performance and establish positive, affirmation-based team motivation techniques and enforce corrective measures when needed.
- Have an understanding of brewing processes and production management so that you can work with our production manager to help increase unit profit, create on-time production, decrease cash cycle, and better our purchasing practices.
- Have an understanding of the three-tiered system and distributor business practices in order to increase distributor performance, enforce contracts, and work with our sales team to build strong distributor relationships.
- Have an understanding of alcoholic beverage sales and work with our sales director and team to drive aggressive growth, effectively market our brand, meet company goals, and achieve category dominance.
- Work closely with our senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitability and efficiencies within the company.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative and affirmative leadership abilities
- Fortitude, steadfast resolve, and personal integrity
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate with strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in executive management positions
- 5+ years of experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Master’s Degree in business or related field
- Successful deal making and contract negotiation experience
- Fluency in VIP, EKOS, and Quickbooks
Skills and Qualifications
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org