Victory Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Brewer - Victory Downingtown, PA and Victory Parkesburg, PA
Duties include performing daily production functions in the brewhouse, cellar, and packaging required to meet daily production goals. The Production Brewer position is focused on brewhouse or cellar operations. Brewers have the potential to rotate through these departments. The scope of job duties includes but is not limited to wort production, cellar work, filtration, CIP, and cleaning.
Reports to: Brewing Supervisor
- Maintain proficiency in at least two of the following production areas: brewhouse, cellar, and/or packaging. The ability to function effectively in all three areas is considered a plus for the employee.
- Work week is based on a 40-hour schedule. Due to production needs, overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied shift determined by management and dictated by business/facility.
- Load raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area.
- Set up hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations.
- Perform production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment.
- Extensive work with and through automation a core part of the Brewer role including interpreting and troubleshooting.
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Brewer should be safety and quality focused in all work activities
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of food or beverage operations experience or similar related experience. Brewing and/or supervisory experience is a plus.
- Candidate must have good computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to smoothly handle multiple demands and rapid change.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving.
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary.
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer