European Spirits Portfolio Manager
M.S. Walker, Inc.Apply for this Job
The exciting and dynamic role of the MS Walker Brands European Spirits Portfolio Manager is to advance the long term best interests of M.S. Walker Brands and specifically European Spirits Portfolio while fostering the company’s supplier relationships and administering to our mutually agreed upon goals and objectives The Brand Manager will exhibit a general manager mindset and will be responsible for leading key projects that will aim to achieve two critical goals; a) build brand equity and, b) drive performance through long term profitable growth. . The Brand manager will work cross functionally with the MS Walker Brands ownership and executive management team, creative and sales organization as well as the MS Walker market specific DSD and brokerage teams. The Brand Manager is also responsible for targeted account activity and activation to promote brand awareness, long term partnerships, enhanced sales and Educational advancement. This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced Senior Brand Manager who has a strong marketing, analytical and innovation background and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business including but not limited to the following:
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion and enthusiasm. Strong entrepreneurial ability to work around obstacles, results driven, and a bias for action with a pilot/learn/scale approach.
- Manage annual brand planning cycle for multiple brands. Plan and implement highly focused brand plans that concentrate on fewer, bigger growth drivers / ideas
- Responsible for the delivery of profit and volume objectives consistent with overall brand strategy for each brand.
- Digital advertising development and marketing programming must win the hearts and minds of target consumers
- Manage marketing agencies and internal creative resources and inspire them to deliver their most creative, efficient, and on-strategy work
- Build out an innovation pipeline that expands MS Walker Brand’s European Spirit Portfolio relevance and appeal to luxury spirit consumers
- Ensure maximum collaboration between agencies for full Ecommerce, 360 marketing plans, fully integrated consumer campaigns, advertising development, PR, in-store, social media, influencers, video, experiential, etc.
- Work closely with the commercial team to identify opportunities and expand the business in existing channels of trade
- Work in the market with MSWB’s sales and distributor network to promote and sell directly to national accounts, key retail and on-premise customers.
- Create and manage brand ambassador program for portfolio or individual brands.
- Track and manage brand performance across the marketing mix, assist with KPI development as well as traditional sales metrics (Nielsen, NABCA, VIP, ROI, brand P&L)
- Manage A&P budget and maximize the impact of spend
- Prioritization of, planning for and investment in geographic, channel (subcategories of both on and off-premise), variant and size mix strategies
- Plan, attend, and coordinate sales meetings, tastings, trade show and other important events to promote support the portfolio.
- Ensure the brand is marketed across consumer touchpoints that highlights its limited availability and exclusiveness.
- Utilize public relations and elevate the brand’s awareness and prestige among consumers, influencers, and the trade
- Work with our commercial team and distributor partners to generate and build excitement for the trade
- Develop marketing tools for the National Sales team. Essential to build and maintain strong relationships with this group. Must understand sales issues, and work with the team so our distributor network gives our brands the greatest possible attention.
- BS/BA in Marketing or a related degree
- 10 Years of Wine and Spirits Industry experience
- 5+ years of Wine and Spirits Industry Brand Management experience (related agency experience will be considered)
- Up to date on marketing trends, new media platforms and benchmarking with other industries
- Ability to identify and take action from compelling consumer insights through brand strategies and tactics
- Have a thorough understanding of insight generations and brand positioning as the foundation to brand building and communication initiatives
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to identify the full story and define implications from data analysis (can readily identify insights in shipments/depletions/consumption data and translate to action)
- Forward thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion.
- Positive attitude and influence
- Excellent relationship skills required to manage a range of stakeholders including marketing agencies, cross-functional peers, distributor network, etc.
- Ability to lead and manage projects with cross-functional teams as well as throughout the company and MSWB’s distributor network
- Team-oriented player that thrives in a collaborative environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to function effectively in fast-paced, multi-faceted business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Deadline-oriented self-starter who is proactive and holds themselves to high standard quality of work
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to interface efficiently at all levels of the organization and distributor network
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Frequently
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Frequently
Reach Overhead: Frequently
Use of Computer: Frequently
Verbal Communication: Frequently
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily