New Glory Craft BreweryApply for this Job
New Glory Craft Brewery is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our production team. This is a great opportunity with imminent room for growth within the company for the right individual. For consideration please send a resume and brief cover letter letting us know why you want to work for New Glory to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the position
Reports to: Director Of Brewing Operations
Position Type: Full time, hourly non-exempt
Position summary: Brewers rotate through all facets of day-to-day brewing operations from the processing of raw materials to the conditioning and packaging of the final product.
- Operate 40 bbl brewhouse with relentless attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, hitting proper gravities and PH, boiling, hop additions and knocking out).
- Must feel comfortable multi-tasking, while keeping a high degree of attention to detail and prioritizing tasks
- Clean. Everything. CIP and SIP anything and everything in the brewery
- Yeast Management (cropping, storing, counts/viability and pitching).
- Centrifuge operation
- Cellar management (gravity checks, trub discharge, dry hopping).
- Daily tastings of beers in-process, and tasting of packaged beers at home to maintain a high degree of brand recognition
- Maintain a safe and clean “showcase” like work space.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to manage multiple brews in process simultaneously
- Understanding of P&ID and ability to operate automated brewhouse/cellar interface
- Attention to detail is top priority. An ideal candidate will be one who can maintain focus and stay acutely aware of their surroundings at all times.
- Ability to recognize visual and audible cues signaling machinery performance issues in a fast-paced environment and communicate them immediately
- Ability to recognize problems with wort quality, mechanical issues, or anything else, and will notify the Head Brewer or Director of Brewing Operations immediately about said problem.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift 55lbs responsibly and repeatedly for the duration of a shift
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have 2-5 years prior commercial brewery experience or formal brewing education
- Able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs.
- Able to manipulate valves and clamps.
- Able to regularly lift/carry 55 pound bags above waist level.
- Able to periodically and safely lift/move 165 pounds.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee works in a factory/production environment setting which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and with wide temperature ranges.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid CDL/clean driving record.
- Has a “Can Do” and “ No job is too small” kind of attitude.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Good time management skills.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Has a passion and demonstrated long-term commitment to the industry.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work overtime, evenings and weekends and some holidays as dictated by the work load and staffing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Health benefits
- Lots of free beer
- 401k/profit sharing after one year of employment.
New Glory Craft Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer