Lord Hobo Brewing CoApply for this Job
About Lord Hobo Brewing Co.
Lord Hobo Brewing Company (LHBCo), located in Woburn, MA, is known for its hop-forward, New England-style beers like Boomsauce, Glorious, and Hobo Life, to name a few. We are currently investing in our facility, equipment, and people to continue with our aggressive growth plans and we are searching for strong candidates to join our team. If you are excited by the challenge of fast-paced growth, and if your skills, experience, and career aspirations fit the opportunity described below, then we’d love to hear from you.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you
About the Production Brewer role
Given our upcoming growth, we need passionate and skilled teammates like you to keep the beer flowing.
We are hiring a Full-Time Production Brewer in our Woburn, MA brewery.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations, etc.
• Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
• Yeast management, which includes harvesting and pitching with the use of yeast brinks
• General cellar duties which include daily gravities, dry-hopping, and centrifuge transfers
• CIP and Sanitization on all vessels (brewhouse, fermenters, and bright tanks)
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP’s
• Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
• Ability to understand and pinch hit in cellar and packaging when needed
•Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs, etc.
• Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
• Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
•Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
Production Brewer qualifications:
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
1-2 years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
Excellent organization and communication skills
The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
Ability to stand for prolonged periods
Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
Ability to read and follow written English instructions
Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer
Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience level that includes opportunities for advancement and on the job training, and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
Our benefits package includes: paid holidays and time off, medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, 401k, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, a referral bonus program and much more.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the Lord Hobo team, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Lord Hobo Brewing Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.