Massachusetts Sales Manager at Premier Craft Beer Wholesaler
Craft CollectiveApply for this Job
SALES MANAGER - MASSACHUSETTS
The ideal candidate will have many of the following attributes:
- Strong ability to lead.
- Comfortable coaching people, providing feedback, and managing performance.
- Not intimidated by managing a team of high performers.
- Desire to win, but with professionalism and respect for all.
- Has a mindset of being of service to the team - an approach to sales management rooted in sales enablement.
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves/get hands dirty.
- Organized, process-driven, and enjoys building systems,
- Uses data to drive decision making
- Very comfortable with spreadsheets, databases, and technology in general.
- Encompass experience a big plus, but not required.
- Can quickly assimilate broad direction into action steps.
- Thrives under pressure.
- Robust sales experience, most preferably in beer, however experience selling wine, spirits, or other beverages is applicable.
You are the driver of the sales operation and leader of our sales team. Our sales goals are to open all relevant accounts, grow our market share per account, and increase rate of sale. It is also of primary importance that you continue to develop and steward our sales team.
Management of Sales Team
- Manager of Massachusetts sales representatives. Responsible for their development and growth.
- Regular supervision and coaching of sales team, including one-on-ones, reviews, ride-alongs.
- Establishes and implements pay for performance programs for sales representatives to support sales goals and brand initiatives.
- Foster a culture of: good customer service, enthusiasm for our work, respect, professionalism, and the desire to succeed.
- Manages expense budgets related to sales activities in Massachusetts.
- With President, establishes sales goals for Craft Collective (Massachusetts)- overall, by sales rep/territory, and by brand.
- Improve Craft Collective’s sales information/customer relationship management infrastructure.
- Embrace and further Craft Collective’s culture of using data, reporting, and sales technology for decision making.
- Maintain strong relationships with key account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Spend time in the field frequently.
- Coordinate with President and Head of Marketing on execution of: brand initiatives, marketing campaigns, new product launches, new brand launches, new brand recruitment, etc.
- Represent Craft Collective management at events like pint nights, trade shows, beer festivals, and supplier visits.
- Be a contributing member of the Craft Collective Management Team.
Competitive pay based on experience including a base salary and annual bonus. Industry-leading benefits.
Our industry-leading benefits package includes:
- Customary health care, dental & vision benefits (83.33% covered)
- Company paid-for life/long-term/short-term disability (100% covered)
- $5,000 fertility and family forming benefit via Carrot Fertility
- 401K with 4% company match and profit sharing contributions
- Unlimited vacation time (subject to manager approval)
- Paid community time-off up to 16 hours per year
- Charitable matching up to $260 per year
- Personal samples of company products (2 cases per month)
- Monthly vehicle stipend
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- Cell phone insurance reimbursement
- Expense account
- Computer provided
ABOUT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is a 6-year old independent craft beverage distribution company focused on quality, small, craft producers. We were founded by craft beer enthusiasts, with the goal of improving the distribution environment in New England for breweries and consumers. We maintain ample refrigeration, a fully climate-controlled warehouse, and refrigerated delivery vehicles. Our people represent our brands with enthusiasm and diligently care for our products. We’re honest, accommodating, and committed to helping craft producers succeed. We work with producers like Proclamation, Aeronaut, Dorchester Brewing, Schilling, SingleCut, Finback, Idle Hands, Four Quarters, Boochcraft, Luna Bay Booch, and more. You can see our entire portfolio here.
EMPLOYMENT AT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is a well-capitalized startup company. We offer competitive pay, terrific benefits, and a craft-beer enthusiast culture. We are dedicated and passionate about this industry. We work hard and will expect the same from you. This position offers the opportunity to become part of a great team of individuals driven to deliver the best quality craft beverages to the finest establishments in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine.