Brew Pub Manager
The Saint Louis Brewery- SchlaflyApply for this Job
As the Brewpub Manager you will help oversee and manage the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Hires and trains restaurant staff.
- Organizes and oversees the staff schedules.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with all aspects of the restaurant and dining experience.
- Handles customer complaints
- Ensures compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Conducts daily inspection of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- This position is responsible for the overall daily operation and profitability of the restaurant. The Manager is responsible for ensuring excellent customer satisfaction is the number one priority of the restaurant as well as managing sales, controlling costs, supporting Front of the House and Back of the House management teams and the hourly staff. The Manager is to ensure there is daily supervision of all positions at the location during all hours of operation. The Manager liaises with the General Manager for all functional areas of the restaurant location and levels of management within.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicate clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provide and manages safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provide and manages harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Oversee daily front of the house and back of the house restaurant operations.
- Report any issues, concerns, or pertinent items in daily Manager Logbook notes.
- Manage reservations according to reservation policy, checks and confirms all reservations and work in coordination with the event coordinator where applicable.
- Ensure daily pre-shift meetings are taking place with staff to inform them of happenings in the restaurant.
- Ensure complete adherence to all federal and local laws including but not limited to all labor, dram shop laws and licensing requirements.
- Completes all assigned Area of Responsibility assigned tasks as delegated by General Manager.
- Active and visible on the floor to guests and staff to rectify complains, concerns, compliments, or special requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- · Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations, learn from mistakes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from sales staff, distributors, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively before all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge focusing on Microsoft Office Suite.
The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The flow of work and duties require typical mental and visual attention; visual requirements include depth perception, color vision, and clarity of vision for distant (20 feet or more) and near (less than 20 inches) work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.