Digital and Social Media Coordinator
Kansas City Bier CompanyApply for this Job
Since 2014, Kansas City Bier Company has pursued a simple mission: to brew authentic tasting German-style bier and deliver it with the same character, flavor, and freshness as bier brewed and consumed in Germany. The largest locally-owned brewery in Kansas City, KC Bier Co. brews according to the Reinheitsgebot, using only water, imported German malt and hops, and yeast from a Bavarian monastery. Our brands have received awards at the World Beer Cup and Great American Beer Festival, and have been highly rated by Beer Connoisseur and Craft Beer & Brewing Magazines.
- Public and Media Relations
- Generate publicity for brewery through outreach, building relationships and gaining mindshare with local, regional and trade publications. Pitch coverage of KC Bier Co. story, products, tasting room and people. Identify and pursue publicity opportunities in non-industry media.
- Lead efforts to earn bier reviews, ratings, scores, and awards. Monitor editorial calendars and submit products to publications to earn product ratings and scores. Assist head brewer and founder/managing owner in the management of submitting bier for national and international competitions.
- Represent KC Bier Co. as a brand ambassador at events hosted in tasting room, brewery tours, and other local and regional events, festivals, trade shows, conferences, etc. Develop and maintain an engaging event marketing presence, e.g., booth/exhibit space, posters, promotional literature, swag/giveaways, etc.
- Digital and Social Media Management
- Develop a consistent brand voice and message to boost brand’s digital/social presence and increase fan engagement.
- Develop and execute social media marketing strategies, organic content, and paid campaigns, primarily focusing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ideate and produce new content for social media original photography, videos, and written content.
- Communicate concepts and strategies to the team effectively
- Ongoing analysis & optimization of social media strategy, identification of strategic weaknesses, and recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with consumers via the company’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Untappd
- Research social media trends and inform the team of changes that are relevant marketing activities.
- Coordinate with managing owner to review and finalize materials before publishing.
- Manage updates to website using Wordpress.
- Manage direct-to-consumer e-mail campaigns for B2B/B2C audiences, including wholesalers, retailers, general subscriber list, Growler Club, and investors, using appropriate brand voice and content for each.
Marketing & Culture Responsibilities:
The Digital and Social Media Coordinator will assist in the upkeep and maintenance of areas used to store and organize marketing materials, including the marketing shelf in the brewery and merchandise storage area in the mezzanine.
The Digital and Social Media Coordinator is expected to be available to perform job functions outside of normal business hours, including executing social media strategies and engaging with consumers on social media, which frequently occurs outside of normal business hours. Additionally, the Social Media Manager will assist with staffing on- and off-site events as needed when regular event staff are not available.
This position requires a minimum work schedule of five days a week. Longer hours may be required to accomplish all responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism preferred. Relevant experience in marketing, communications and brand management will be considered.
Ability to write clearly and concisely to ensure that all written communications have a professional look and image.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus the following valuable skills/experience:
- Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Wordpress
- Brand Asset Management systems such as Dropbox
- E-mail marketing and database management platforms such as MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar platform
- Social media applications including Facebook, Facebook Ads/Business Manager, Twitter, Instagram, Untappd
- Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create and post digital content on social media (photos, videos, and written copy) including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create coordinated marketing strategies across digital, social and traditional media
- Ability to plan work, programs and posts in advance and execute these within established timeframes and deadlines
- Build relationships with traditional media, including newspapers, TV, radio, and magazines in addition to digital/social media influencers, blogs, etc.
- Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop for multiple uses:
- Creating brand assets and POS materials including sales sheets, case cards and on-premise posters for wholesale/retail use
- Flyers, posters, and other materials for in-house marketing
- Cropping, editing, resizing, and reformatting images for use in social media, website, email marketing, POS materials and brand assets
- Website management
- Untappd account management