Sales Market Leader
NovamexApply for this Job
Novamex markets an array of food and beverage brands in a variety of categories. Each brand is a leader in the Hispanic Industry and is well known to our Hispanic shoppers in the U.S. We are currently seeking a Sales Market Leader to join our growing team in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Tulsa Oklahoma OR Bentonville, Arkansas area.
Responsible to increase regional distribution results at Store levels and Chains. The ML is also responsible for all activities related to increase productivity performance such as: training, store evaluations, feedback to subordinates and coordination for sales execution meetings. Manage assigned MDF funds per brand to maximize productivity and reach sales goals. May be responsible to increase market penetration and look for new opportunities to implement new strategies to gain shelf space at store level by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customers account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting and trusted advisor client relationship
- Achieves excellence in placement and presentation at retail store locations.
- Negotiates to maintain store conditions at highest level of product placement.
- Manages and presents programs in time to assigned Distributors and Head quarter accounts.
- Works to impact sales at store level by obtaining authorization from store managers to create sales orders.
- Create plans and promotions to execute at store level.
- Performs duties to achieve maximum return of MDF Programs.
- Provides constructive feedback to employees on product placement and negotiation of desired shelf space.
- Trains SR and Merchandisers at store level for desired results.
- Acts as lead to drive and coordinate programs at store level.
- Uses Repsly System to manager Sales Routes giving priorities to Sales Reps.
- Uses Repsly System to check in customers visits, input comments and take pictures of programs presented in each visit.
- Follows up with Store Managers and decision makers to ensure customer satisfaction, and/or uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Fosters creative environment to provide for fresh and innovative store level initiatives.
- Increases visibility and turnover of product at retail locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, organized, and highly productive, with the ability to work well on a diverse and highly qualified team in a fast-paced work environment. Be effective in working as a member of a team within the sales department as well as with other personnel and other areas within Novamex.
Excellent customer service skills, analytical abilities as well verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects. Expertise in margin handling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to make business and financial related decisions based on the ability to meet Sales Volume Budget and MDF Budgets. This job will require a lot of driving of a company vehicle; therefore, driving record must be acceptable. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum five years of solid, relevant sales and supervisory experience, ideally in food and/or beverage products categories and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Overall excellent communication and writing skills.
Excel – Intermediate level
Word – Intermediate level
Power Point – Intermediate level
Internet – Intermediate level
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to conceptualize new ideas, research the new ideas, and evaluate them objectively from a market and financial standpoint.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License in State where working.
Directly supervises the Sales Representatives and Merchandisers, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Some weekend work may be expected as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.