Production Manager (Full Time/Exempt) - Hattiesburg, MS
Wis-Pak of HattiesburgApply for Job
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the Production Manager coordinates and manages production operations to ensure the highest possible level of production at the lowest cost, meeting or exceeding company quality standards, and meeting shareholder/customer delivery requirements and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the production function to ensure the highest possible level of production at the lowest cost, meeting or exceeding company quality standards, and meeting shareholder/customer delivery requirements and specifications.
- Maintain close surveillance over plant operations through production reports, staff meetings, observation and personal contact to assure coordination and integration of work flow, timely production, schedules, and the optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate and expedite plant activities and functions of scheduling, production, staffing, training, and employee relations. Direct and coordinate major projects and project development to the best economic and schedule advantages. Review departments to monitor progress.
- Monitor raw material inventory levels.
- Plan and implement sanitation and recycling activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of performance and quality criteria and measurements. Review actual against desired results and develop plans to meet or exceed desired results.
- Act as technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production.
- Participate on cross functional project teams to improve productivity, methods, processes and quality.
- Ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of methods and processes.
- Research and recommend various procedures, equipment, and techniques to maintain and upgrade plant operations and the plant facility.
- Develop and recommend plant operating budgets and ensure operations conform to budgetary constraints; develop and implement budget changes as required; develop and submit reports to management as to current status of operations, schedules, manufacturing, and budget maintenance.
- Serve as liaison between the production personnel and staff on matters of communication, decisions, and policies.
- Interpret and administer policies relative to company work rules and regulations.
- Research, review and recommend vendors for suppliers to the company.
- Complete, organize and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all food safety, housekeeping, HACCP, GMP, work rules and sanitation regulations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise production operations. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED: Requires the use of hearing protection and hair restraints when in the plant.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with courses in production and operations management plus three to five years of progressively responsible related experience; or nine to eleven years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret shop orders, production requirements, financial reports, general business periodicals, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, management, customers, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer, calculator, photocopier, FAX, etc. Ability to operate a wide variety of small hand and power tools, and precision measuring devices. Requires a good understanding of manufacturing processes and company products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying and moving raw materials and product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions; performs work related travel; and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
This list of job duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
We respond to all applicants once a hiring decision has been made.
Equal Opportunity Employer This employer participates in E-Verify