General Manager - NY/NJ Distribution
Twelve PercentApply for this Job
Twelve Percent is an independent craft beer brewery, distributor, and importer. We are the maker and mover of some of the best beer around, including Evil Twin, Fat Orange Cat, Omnipollo, Stillwater, Abomination, Skygazer, Westbrook, Gueuzerie Tilquin, and several others. Twelve Percent operates a full-scale production facility, tasting room, and warehouse in North Haven, CT. Twelve Percent also distributes it’s brands in NYC & NJ, and maintains a separate warehouse & office in Mount Vernon, NY. Currently, we are looking for a General Manager of our New York & New Jersey distribution enterprise.
General Manager – Twelve Percent NY/NJ:
This is a unique opportunity to lead a small but growing team with an established track record of bringing to market the very best that craft beer has to offer in the NYC & NJ markets. The GM of Twelve Percent NY/NJ will report directly to ownership, and will be responsible for all facets of the Team’s growth and success in this region. Our goals are to increase the presence of our top brands in the market, increase profitability, and identify areas of opportunity for launching new brands. This is a full time, salaried position with bonuses; a highly competitive package will be offered to the right individual.
- Leader of the Twelve Percent NYC/NJ Team
- Supervise, Coach, and Mentor the entire NYC/NJ Sales and Operations team; conduct regularly scheduled one-on-ones and performance evaluations
- Promote a culture of excellent customer service, professionalism, enthusiasm for work, and respect for everyone we engage with
- Establish performance goals and KPI’s for all employees
- Continue to improve the Team via coaching and hiring
- Establish compensation program for Sales Team tied to performance, with an emphasis on rewarding placement of critical core brands both on & off trade
- Establish territory sales goals for NYC & NJ in conjunction with ownership
- Establish & Maintain strong relationships with key account owners, managers, & buyers
- Establish a strategy for expanding existing customer base, with a particular emphasis on targeting new accounts with high volume potential
- Maintain an appropriate level of staffing in warehouse and on delivery routes
- Run point on daily challenges related to vehicle maintenance, staffing, delivery errors, etc.
- Establish and implement ideal weekly routing structure in conjunction with current sales trends & opportunities
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Craft Beer Background; Distributor experience preferred
- Proven track record of leading/managing a team
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and get involved in daily operations & strategy
- Possess a highly motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree
- Organized & Detail-oriented
- Comfortable with technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Access to a vehicle strongly preferred
Twelve Percent offers a highly competitive compensation package for the right individual, including generous benefits and performance bonuses.