Sawbelly BrewingApply for this Job
Sawbelly Brewing is seeking a new Head Brewer to lead our brewing team in Exeter, NH. Our Head Brewer will be responsible for the entire brewing operation and beer portfolio. This individual must have a proven track record of strong leadership skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Leadership of brewing and packaging team
· Oversee government label approval & related taxes
· Production process & timelines
· Develop new recipes regularly that are consistent with the company’s brand and sales goals. Detailed records of the beer production process must be maintained.
· Strong communication with other departments including brew pub, marketing, & management
· Oversight of production brewing, cellaring, and conditioning
· Ensure quality & consistency of existing brands
· Assist with trouble-shooting brewing issues
· Provide technical guidance and facilitate any process or equipment changes necessary
· Provide regular feedback on beers
· Oversee & maintain product & brewery needs including raw materials, yeast, processes/equipment, etc.
· Maintain a production schedule that keeps beer available for retail, wholesale, & brew pub needs
· Manage maintenance schedule on the production line, all equipment must be carefully maintained to ensure equipment failure does not delay beer production.
· Plans to ensure growth & development of team
· Work towards achieving departmental goals around efficiencies, yields and cost
· Maintain a clean work environment