Market Manager, Midwest
Advertising Technology Startup, GroceryApply for Job
Looma exists to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind their products. Our first product, Loop™ At-Shelf Maker Stories, is a network of tablets in grocery stores that play short, human-centric films connecting producer to consumer. The data generated by Loop™ fuels our proprietary storytelling process, forming a flywheel we believe will one day power the world’s most sophisticated platform for human-centric point-of-decision video.
Our goal for Loop™ is simple but audacious: we want it to be the best program our brand partners have ever participated in. Looma Market Managers play a critical role in bringing this to life, primarily by educating and winning over store employees to improve the in-store experience. Most store employees don’t know the impetus behind Looma, to connect shoppers to the people and stories behind their products, and therefore don’t support the program very well. Market Managers are responsible for resolving this by first educating store employees and then working with them to ensure our tablets are optimally located and well-merchandised. This is a highly relational role with lots of travel: we’re looking for someone passionate about our mission, motivated, and comfortable on the road.
- Build and own relationships with store management within chains in St. Louis and surrounding regions
- Promote Looma’s mission and value propositions at the store level
- Work with store management to identify optimal in-store locations for Loop™ and ensure phenomenal merchandising execution
- Partner with Looma’s Human Experience and Story Success departments to identify ways of improving the in-store experience for shoppers
- Conduct occasional store audits and shopper survey
- Occasional ad hoc maintenance
- Passionate about Looma’s mission of connecting producer to consumer
- Contagious warmth with the ability to win over nearly anyone
- Relationally energized and excited to build relationships with hundreds of store employees
- Quick to understand the nuances of store ops’ competing priorities and able to contextualize Looma’s requests
- Comfortable with numbers and pattern recognition (e.g., understanding dashboard trends or A-B test mechanics) and able to recommend changes at the chain-wide level
- Quick to understand and identify additional revenue opportunities
- Eager to learn in a high-growth startup environment
- Bonus: Experience with adult beverage and/or off-premise distribution, though not required
Compensation & Benefits
The Market Manager role will consist of ~60% travel. Looma will provide a competitive package consisting of base and variable cash compensation as well as equity.
- Employee coverage for health, dental, and vision (gold plan)
- Unlimited vacation (minimum of 10 days)
- 12-week primary caregiver leave
- Flexible office setting (office, flex, or work from home with associated stipends)
- $100/month craftsmanship stipend
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Culture is incredibly important to us, particularly in the early days. Regardless of role, strong contributors to Looma's culture will exhibit and aspire to the following seven characteristics: