Business Insights Analyst
Reyes Beer DivisionApply for Job
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Analyzes large, complex data sets to address strategic and operational business questions.
- Independently develop and maintain customer-specific reporting that measures performance against strategies and objectives.
- Prepares sales presentations to communicate recommendations across all categories and channels including assortment and promotion opportunities.
- Distills and communicates key insights across all levels of the organization.
- Conducts competitor analysis, financial analysis, pricing analysis, profitability analysis, and simulation models pertaining to sales and pricing market data to strategize business optimization, promotions, categories, pricing, forecasting, and planning.
- Supports business partners by providing analytical and technical support in the generation of actionable business insights and recommendations across all categories and channels.
- Provides specific and targeted analytical expertise to identify gaps in current performance and quantify opportunities to accelerate performance.
- Conducts historical sales and retailer reporting and data analysis to build business models and reports that provide insights for strategic decisions.
- Builds, develops, and maintains data models, reports, dashboards, and ad hoc analytics to support business needs.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 plus years of related experience in CPG sales and or analysis.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to draw insights and actions from data; ability to develop volumetric and financial models that can accommodate multiple inputs from diverse data sources and be used for scenario planning
- Working knowledge of key data systems: syndicated marketplace information and data (IRI, Nielsen, or other syndicated data); internal financial & sales reporting; internal performance management and execution metrics.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to develop a sales story in description.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of database concepts.
- Basic understanding of financial statement analysis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
This position can be based out of Virginia or Washington DC.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with price, package, promotion plan development & analytics.
- Experience in planning and financial analysis and CPG.
- Experience with IBM Cognos, Power BI, and or SQL
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.