Head of Finance
The Naked MarketApply for this Job
IF INTERESTED: to apply, please email email@example.com with your resume/portfolio and a short description of your interest in the role. Thanks!
LOCATION: SF Bay Area (HQ), Los Angeles, Vancouver or Remote
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2018, The Naked Market is a new age food and beverage CPG startup. We care deeply about health and nutrition and firmly believe that the current offerings in the consumer packaged food space are not nearly sufficient enough to satiate the demand from consumers for healthy, nutritious alternatives.
The Naked Market is based in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing investors with deep domain experience. Come join us on our mission to create the CPG company of the future, one that leaves you feeling great both on the inside & out!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our small & growing team is looking for its first Financial Controller who has a strong desire to take ownership over our the financial & accounting side of the business. Reporting directly to the cofounders, the ideal candidate has experience getting in the weeds and identifying ways to improve financials. They are analytical and a natural problem solver that works well with deadlines and several responsibilities.
- Create and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal operation of the business
- Identify initiatives for improvements that can positively impact the financial outlook of the company, including developing, tracking, and executing business initiatives with the company's leadership
- Guide planning and functional resource management (e.g. headcount, capital and/or any other targeted investment approvals, etc.) for specific business units within the company, including development of financial forecasts
- Prepare timely and appropriately informative reports on financial performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in the preparation of board documents and investor reporting materials
- Coordinate with outsourced controller on the analysis and reporting of actual results and be responsible for the preparation of budgets and forecasts and variance analysis for the company and its departments
- Evaluate the revenue, profit, cash flow and value creation potential of new product introductions or business decisions
- Coordinate with Accounting Firm for audit
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Experience in a fast-paced venture backed start-up environment
- Experience with subscription/DTC business models and forecasting preferred
- Experience in developing and owning financial and forecasting models
- Experience in investment banking/financial modeling / management consulting roles a plus
- Proficient in Xero (or ability to learn with experience from Quickbooks); experience with enterprise-class financial systems a plus
- Proficient with analyzing and interpreting insights from large amounts of data
THE NAKED MARKET:
- Casual work environment. We promote a work hard play hard mentality in the office and have a deep appreciation for work/life balance.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We encourage employees to allocate time to their fitness, health & wellness needs outside of the office.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. This includes a competitive starting salary & equity package.
- And so much more...We have an awesome office located in the vibrant Marina District. We have weekly team activities (Barry’s Bootcamp, happy hours, ski weekends etc.) We also organize monthly opportunities to volunteer with the charitable organizations associated with our brands.