Area Sales Manager - Philadelphia, PA
X2 PerformanceApply for this Job
X2 Performance ® Area Sales Manager (Philadelphia, PA)
About X2 Performance ®
X2 Performance is a rapidly growing natural energy drink and pre-workout supplement brand financed by the largest consumer-focused private equity firm in the world, L Catterton. X2 products deliver sustained energy using a combination of clean and effective ingredients engineered to optimize your natural potential. Tested and trusted by over 25 professional teams as well as NBA icon and X2 Board member Kawhi Leonard, X2’s Pre+Intra Workout products are patented and NSF Certified for Sport and have been the best kept secret in pro sports, until now.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling and developing the X2 portfolio in the retail trade. The ASM will report directly to X2’s RSM and work in unison with the distributor network to place new products, sell and merchandise displays, execute retail chain programs and participate in scheduled activities e.g., dedicated sell days, special events, distributor sales meetings, etc. Candidate must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. The ASM will focus approximately 90% of their time towards retail trade execution.
- Work together with X2’s RSM, and the distributor network, to identify and manage an ongoing list of targeted retailers.
- Create a weekly plan that focuses on retail activities and all follow-up action items.
- Submit a weekly report to X2’s RSM entailing business captured, follow-up needed and any obstacles.
- Call on non-buying X2 accounts to sell and merchandise all available products.
- Survey account prior to making a sales pitch to fully understand the opportunity.
- Utilize a preplanned sales process to ensure a high level of sales success.
- Personally, follow-up with account to confirm products were delivered and merchandise products accordingly e.g., cut onto shelf, window signs, cooler signs, shelf strips, build display etc.
- Call on existing accounts to increase business by maximizing SKU facings and point of sale placements.
- Responsible for assisting with the monitoring and execution of retail chain programs.
- Build key relationships quickly and understand how to influence key decision makers at retail and with distributors.
- Show a high level of engagement by attending and participating at distributor sales and planning meetings as required.
- Attend industry events as required.
- Periodically ride with distributor sales representatives to build a relationship and provide insights about X2 products and selling techniques.
- Stay close to the market and listen to feedback from the distributor network and from the retail trade.
- Review competitive activity in the market and report back with opportunities for X2 products.
- Manage and track all annual budgets and spending.
Administrative - Responsible for meeting timelines for all assigned reporting and projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
· Three years’ experience in a beverage sales role preferred.
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of sales processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
· Ability to interact with multiple levels of management in the retail trade and with distributor.
· Capacity to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
· Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
· Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate well by email, telephone and in person.
· Must have a clean driving record, free of violations within the last three years.