Regional Director of Sales- Southern California
Flying EmbersApply for this Job
Regional Director of Sales- Southern California
Flying Embers is seeking a Director of Sales who is hardworking and a highly motivated individual to manage day to day sales and distribution across wholesalers and retailers in Southern California. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the alcohol beverage industry with a focus on wholesaler relationships, retail execution, customer service, and leading a field sales team to continue building Flying Embers as the leader in the better-for-you alcohol space. The Director of Sales will report up to the VP of Sales and will be the main point of contact for their assigned wholesalers and sales team and will be ultimately responsible for their execution and KPI’s. They will also be responsible for managing and developing the FE sales team in their region.
Core Responsibilities (Wholesaler Execution)
- Manages all wholesalers in the region with existing sales team with the goal of increasing share of mind and retail execution
- Develop, deliver, execute, and participate in monthly, trimester and/or annual planning meetings for assigned wholesalers
- Respond and resolve wholesaler issues and concerns in a solution-oriented manner.
- Builds, maintains, and updates wholesaler business profiles.
- Provide top level brand direction including priorities, brand performance objectives or category, segment insights
- Daily wholesaler interactions with management and sales team to execute defined ABP goals.
- Manage pricing, forecasting, orders, and inventory.
- Lead/Execute the ABP process with your assigned wholesalers.
- Manage wholesaler’s execution, KPIs, and budgets.
- Manage and execute wholesaler incentives and focus periods.
- Lead/Execute Sales Trainings/Tastings/Kickoffs
- Manage and execute Flying Embers national programming, chain mandates/authorizations, and display programs through wholesaler network and sales team.
- Operate effectively within the brewery and budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize sales tools (VIP, KARMA, Nielsen, IRI, etc) effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure sales team effectively recaps Weekly KARMA accomplishments and follow up needed to wholesaler(s)
- Coordinate with wholesaler(s) and sales team on Commitment Closure opportunities.
Core Responsibilities (Team Development)
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop employees including hiring, performance management, training and development opportunities, and employee relations.
- Schedule and conduct Coaching Days and team sells. Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing the recaps of said Coaching Days to their employees with an emphasis on business objectives and skill selling objective results.
- Execute team’s development and utilization around selling skills to drive key sales objectives. Implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators as it relates to the sales and execution goals
- Use KARMA as a tool to monitor team’s performance, share best practices and lead them to key areas to drive our business forward
- Coordinates and executes trainings on how to execute within the various wholesalers and retail channels.
- Set clear goals and direction as they relate to company mission, vision, and strategies that optimizes productivity and results.
- Manages the regional retail business with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with the regional sales team, national account team and key buyers and wholesalers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mastery of the 3-tier system and it’s complexities.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Office
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong verbal/written/presentation and computer skills, detail oriented
- Strong judgement, professional maturity, and responsible decision making.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and work in a fast-paced setting, ability to multitask.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of business-to-business sales experience required.
- Previous experience in the alcohol business required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required
Flying embers offers highly competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for company equity and relocation in addition to exceptional Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Regional Director of Sales
Location: Southern California
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Minimum Experience: 7 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment
Physical & Mental Requirements
Required to lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds routinely and repeatedly. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position. Must be able to travel via car, airplane, or train.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position because of evolving business needs.