Experienced Brewhouse Brewer
OctopiApply for this Job
Octopi is looking for an Experienced Brewer - Located in Waunakee, WI, just outside of Madison.
We are a growing facility and hiring to staff for our expansions! Our environment is a clean facility with new equipment that can assist brewers in performing various beverage production tasks.
The brewer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks and contributing to quality, efficient operations of the hot side. Tasks include brewing, monitoring beverage production, CIPing equipment, and more.
- Work in a safe, respectful and responsible manner at all times and amongst all co-workers
- Learn, understand and operate all brewhouse equipment and BH related cellar piping
- Malt handling and milling, water adjustment, adjunct and salt additions, wort production, wort cooling, CIP, and more
- Work multiple shifts with the brewing team
- Produce in-spec product at all times
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform CIP on all equipment, piping
- Learn and perform all brewhouse processes as noted above
- Utilize a solution-oriented approach to your work
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform thorough and accurate documentation related to all work and processes
- Follow SOPs for all processes/Contribute to revision and/or creation of SOPs as needed
- Handle cleaning chemicals in a safe manner
- Complete fork truck training
- Operate fork truck as needed for job duties
- Complete duties assigned by supervisor
- Other duties as needed
- Ability to lift 55lbs and move 165lbs, as needed.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years experience in a brewing environment.
- Degree in Brewing Science/Technology, a plus.
We are looking for an energetic candidate with a positive attitude. You should model teamwork, collaboration, communication, honesty and community. You must believe that your team’s successes are your own achievements. We will train and guide in every process and help you become a well-rounded professional. You will be accountable for every aspect your work. You will be responsible to ensure all your tasks are conducive to a safe working environment.
You will be part of Octopi’s team, both internally and externally, so you must always represent the company in a positive manner.
At Octopi we think of ourselves as a community. We are open, informal and laid back, but also hard working and respectful of others. You should be as well.
Qualified and interested individuals should please submit their letter of intention and resume.
Compensation varies based on experience. Health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k and other extra perks.
Octopi requests that employees are vaccinated for COVID-19 (unless they have a medical/religious exemption).
Offers of employment at Octopi are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates, as deemed necessary.