Vice President of Finance
X2 PerformanceApply for this Job
X2 Performance ® Vice President of Finance
About X2 Performance ®
X2 Performance is a rapidly growing line of natural energy drinks and pre-workout supplements, backed by L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity firm in the world. X2 products deliver sustained energy and endurance through a combination of clean and healthy ingredients. X2’s Pre+Intra Workout products are patented and NSF Certified for Sport.
X2 has long been a staple with professional athletes and throughout professional sports locker rooms. Over 25 Pro Teams in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL are currently purchasing X2’s patented line of products for their athletes to use for training and game day performance. With A-list athlete investors/brand partners including NBA Champion Kawhi Leonard, NFL All-Pro Saquon Barkley, Super Bowl Champion Lavonte David and Peloton superstar Kendall Toole, X2 is now rolling out to the masses.
X2 has quickly become sought after amongst key beverage executives and distributors looking to capitalize on the growth potential of healthy energy drinks. The brand has now expanded well beyond the locker room with retailers to be available to the “everyday athlete”, withCVS, Subway,GNC andAmazon among those providing distribution coast-to-coast. This fall, X2 will be available in grocery and convenience stores.
The Vice President of Finance will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial reporting, planning, forecasting and performance management. They will contribute as a thought partner on strategic matters as the brand enters a material growth trajectory. They will also be asked to support X2’s operations team and ensure that finance and operations are integrated to ensure optimal efficiencies and cost savings.
- Working closely with the CEO and other company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals.
- Preparing the annual operating budget and driving quarterly re-forecasts, with full ownership over each.
- Overseeing accounting and financial reporting, including preparing monthly financial summaries for the CEO and the Board in collaboration with X2’s external accounting support team
- Conducting financial analyses and providing strategic recommendations on operational and financial initiatives
- Partner with X2’s supply chain management team to optimize X2’s cost structure and ensure that operations run smoothly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience in a finance-related role preferred
- FP&A experience preferred
- Experience in the Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods industries preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to build and manipulate complex excel spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Ability to interact with executives, board members, suppliers, distributors, and other vendors and communicate in an effective and timely manner
- Capacity to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability