National Sales Manager
Crosby Hop Farm, LLCApply for this Job
TITLE: National Sales Manager, Full-Time
Crosby Hops is a 5th generation, vertically integrated hop company based outside of Woodburn, Oregon. We market our uniquely processed hop products direct to craft brewers and distributors around the globe. Our primary crop and business is hops, which allows us to focus exclusively on producing quality hop products year in and year out – sustainability, quality, community, and innovation are core values that drive our vision and process. Our high-performance culture matches well with highly motivated, focused, and vision-oriented individuals with a passion for quality at the source, continuous improvement, and excellence.
Utilizing hops from our own Willamette Valley farms and partner farms from across the globe, Crosby Hops provides craft brewers a diverse selection of high quality, sustainable hop products. Crosby Hops’ sustainable farming methods, along with its meticulous processing techniques, capture the essence of each hop flower, an essential ingredient in the best beverage on Earth — beer.
LOCATION: Woodburn, Oregon or remote with close access to a major airport.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for managing our domestic sales team and delivering sales results aligned with the company’s objectives and values. This position will require excellent communication and team management skills as well as the ability to build long-term relationships with our craft brewery customers. This is a management level position with competitive pay and benefits leading a team of high performing sales professionals.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The National Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales.
- Recruit and train salespeople, set objectives, coach and mentor, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled
- Prepare and facilitate effective weekly sales meetings and 1:1 meetings with sales team members
- Maintain and continue to improve company’s high-performance, goal-oriented sales culture
- Ensure sales team is accountable to company’s pricing strategy & policy
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to grow our customer base and capture more opportunity within existing customers
- Create, document, and deploy a repeatable and scalable sales process
- Establish productive long-term relationships with key individuals in customer accounts
- Negotiate new purchase agreements with large customers as well as restructure agreements with existing customers
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to research and identify new market opportunities
- Create and administer individual growth and development plans for sales team members
- Coordinate with other departments via the company’s leadership team to meet company-wide objectives (Customer Success, Inventory, Production, Marketing, Accounts Receivable, etc)
- 5+ years of experience as a National Sales Manager in a similar business to business sales environment including selling forward contracts
- Track record of success exceeding assigned sales goals of greater than $25M revenue
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Ability to travel within the USA at least 50% of the time
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team management skills
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Superior problem-solving ability