Victory Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Production Manager | Victory Brewing Company
WHO WE ARE
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands. Currently we’re made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
Victory Brewing is a committed, industry leader who over the last 25 years, has grown to be a world-renowned craft brewery, and the second largest craft brand family in our home state of Pennsylvania.
We find people looking to bring their experience, enthusiasm & desire to work with others to a fun, rewarding place to work as we continue to produce industry changing craft beer. We have growing, empowered and trusted teams in Downingtown, Kennett Square, Parkesburg and Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Production Manager is responsible for the overall direction and day-to-day management of the Packaging and Maintenance departments to ensure effective execution of the weekly production schedule in a clean and safe facility. They are a member of the leadership team and serve as a resource for manufacturing best practices. The Production Manager is responsible for hiring, policy, scheduling, developing and reporting on metrics including; efficiency and loss, maintaining quality standards, managing capital projects and operational and capital budgets. They will develop a culture of mutual respect and accountability that will foster front-line ownership across all shifts. This role is also responsible to drive improvements in quality, efficiency, and safety of manufacturing processes as well as identify and develop alternate methods for improving the overall production operation.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Ensures a safe work environment and employees are utilizing safe work practices.
- Ensures quality production in compliance with all company, legal, and regulatory practices and procedures.
- Walk facility daily to ensure housekeeping, sanitation, and GMP standards are being adhered to.
- Coordinate monthly safety committee meetings and required annual OSHA training.
- Partner with HR to maintain facility-wide and operator specific safety training records including; LOTO, confined space, NFPA 70E, incident reports, and complete OSHA 300 logs as required.
- Operational delegate for facility safety. Oversees the purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of all safety-related equipment throughout the facility.
- Participate on the Food Safety Committee.
- Accountable for performance of production lines. Conduct daily review meetings to address any issues that affect line performance.
- Develop a culture that embraces continuous improvement and takes initiatives to improve line efficiency. Actively utilize Lean tools to drive process improvements and operational consistency for reduced cost and increased performance.
- Development of a maintenance-centered organizational structure that focuses on, preventative maintenance, equipment uptime, and operator feedback to maximize a coordinated team approach that balances maintenance and production costs.
- Oversees maintenance technicians for both long-term projects and support of daily production and building and grounds operations. Prioritizes maintenance work orders within the facility.
- Oversees identification and stocking quantities of critical, replacement, and MRO maintenance inventory.
- Responsible for all aspects of respective staff leadership including hiring, training, coaching, job performance and development growth planning.
- Actively work on building highly effective Production team through team-building, clear communication cadence and ongoing coaching. Routinely ensure timely, cross-functional communication within the facility.
- Coordinate with the Production Planning Manager to schedule kegging, bottling, and canning lines in order to meet fulfilment goals and maximize equipment/labor efficiency.
- Manage execution of daily management activities such as scheduling of personnel, team meetings, shift exchanges, daily direction-setting, visual controls, scheduler screens, etc.
- Oversee the accurate and timely expression of production runs in ERP.
- Provide department budget recommendations and establish controls to for budget management.
- Research, plan, and execute capital projects of all sizes including infrastructure, utilities, and process equipment. Coordinates department resources to install and commission new equipment. Ensure performance parameters are met and if not, initiate a solution in concert with vendor.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors/Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management or similar field of study preferred.
- 7-10 years of food/beverage manufacturing management experience (Progressive supervisory or manager roles of people & processes preferred).
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes and scheduling within a multiple-line, high-speed, multi-shift production facility. Beverage equipment & packaging experience preferred.
- Ability to lead production operations of a 24-hour, 7-days a week facility.
- Expert-level understanding of operator safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Demonstrated ability to support daily/annual preventative maintenance plans; showing year-over-year improvements in reliability, maintenance KPIs, and maintenance cost budgets.
- Advanced understanding of preventative maintenance in a manufacturing environment including best practices, parts inventory management, and CMMS packages. (TPM Certification preferred).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP (SAP, Orchestrated Beer, Great Plains, MS Dynamics preferred).
- Ability to embrace a process of continual improvement in an effort to meet qualitative, safety, and budgetary goals as outlined by management.
- Ability to work across and coordinate activities between multiple departments.
- Ability to understand and manage dynamic, complex systems.
- Ability to lead peers while sharing key learnings and best practices.
- Leads by accomplishment and example, encourage and motivate people
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with ability to handle simultaneous tasks and follow-up on requests.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
The Production Manager is responsible for the overall direction and day-to-day management of the Packaging and Maintenance departments. The Production Manager will have approximately (4) direct reports and responsibility for (35) departmental personnel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are typically Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel will be limited to our Downingtown and Parkesburg locations with infrequent travel to equipment manufacturers for commissioning.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer