Silver State WellnessApply for Job
We are Silver State Wellness and we are cannabis connoisseurs. Our dispensary, production, and cultivation facilities are, bar-none, the best in the industry! We are seeking an experienced Beverage Supervisor for our Production facility. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented, motivated, and tireless individual who enjoys the cannabis industry and environment and is ready to make their mark. If this sounds like you...read on!
The Beverage Supervisor will lead a team of production staff to receive, transfer, carbonate, infuse and can non-alcoholic beer, ready-to-drink sparkling waters, and teas, and mix, fill, and prepare beverage concentrates, flavors, and emulsions. This position will work as the lead supervisor of the team in all canning, infusing, pasteurizing, mixing, filling, packaging, various cellar tasks, and overall planning and reporting of these areas.
Individuals with disabilities may be provided with reasonable accommodations to complete the essential functions of this position.
- Hands-on management and supervision of staff in the infusing and canning of non-alcoholic beer, tea, and coffee according to SOP
- Hands-on management and supervision of staff in the mixing, infusing, processing, and packaging of elixirs, dewdrops and other liquids according to SOP
- Ensure staff performs tasks with a focus on organization, sanitation, and safety
- Ensure product is of the highest standard before and after packaging
- Run standardized inspections, CIP, and maintenance on equipment to ensure quality packaging and maximum performance
- Supervise staff and ensure compliance in all following areas:
- CIP brite tanks, hoses/pump, and all mixing, canning, and filling equipment in preparation for receiving beer in totes according to SOP
- Purge brite tanks to under 10 ppb oxygen with Co2 and test with a gehaltameter
- Co-ordinate the shipping of non-alcoholic beer totes from California brewery, receive totes of beer and pasteurize/transfer to brite tank while maintaining sanitation and low oxygen pickup
- Rinse empty totes for shipping
- Carbonate beer in brite tank according to SOP and test with a gehaltemeter
- Accurately infuse beers with nano-emulsion THC and ensure CIP can-line according to SOP
- CIP equipment for making and canning ready-to-drink coffees and teas
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Rack beer into kegs
- Effectively work and coordinate with packaging team
- Monitor inventories of raw materials and finished goods with attention to long lead time items
- Operate 3-head semi-auto keg washer
- Ensure secure pallet packaging
- Work with truck drivers to load and unload products in a safe secure manner.
- Ensure maintenance on all equipment and ensure workspaces are clean and orderly
- Maintain clean work environment and organized warehouse
- Assist in cross-department tasks as required by the Production Manager and management
- Accurately keep records pertaining to all tasks
- Establish and document all SOPs for all areas under his/her supervision
- Maintain accurate inventory and raw materials and packaged goods in conjunction with Production manager
- Work with QA/QC team to support the Company’s HACCP protocols
- Work with Production Manager, enter necessary Work Orders into MRP system continuously, plan raw materials staging, and overall planning of canning and filling lines production schedules
- Ensure accurate tracking and Work Order entry of all usage of elixirs for demo/tasting/Sixtel programs, and/or for lab testing purposes
- Lead and supervise a canning line team
- Additional duties as required
Experience, Education, Skills:
- 4 + years of experience in a production environment, preferably in a regulated field producing liquids for human consumption
- Strong mechanical skill sets, complex equipment functions, understanding and skill
- Must work safely with and around hazardous chemicals and equipment and ensure the safe handling by all staff
- Development of all SOPs for his/her areas of responsibility
- Effective problem-solving skills under pressure
- Must regularly stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment up to 165 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Must complete repetitive tasks, including: leaning, bending and twisting for extended periods of time
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Strong personnel supervisory and time management experience
This job operates in a production environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
This is a highly active role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties the employee is: consistently standing, sitting, bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching frequently required to lift and transport items weighing up to 165 lbs. Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Canning Line Operators
Attendance and Punctuality:
Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Typical business hours are 5:30 am - 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance - with a large portion of the premium contributed by the employer
- PTO (includes sick leave) - ability to earn 11 PTO days per year
- Employee discounts at our dispensary