Head of Marketing (Digital / eCommerce) + Equity
Brewsy - Make Fermented Alcoholic BeveragesApply for Job
NOTE: Before reading about this role, please read our “About Us & Our Mission” section first to better understand what we’re doing at Brewsy: https://brewsy.breezy.hr
NOTE 2: This role is remote-hybrid: it will include 6 to 12 five-day visits/year with the entire team in New Orleans, with travel & accommodation provided by Brewsy (if not living in New Orleans).
Hey there! Brewsy is looking for an experienced, passionate, and intelligent Head of Marketing to lead all marketing efforts at Brewsy. Our ideal marketing expert is highly analytical, creative, collaborative, and has a clear track record of planning, building, and managing marketing at DTC, CPG, or B2C companies.
We’re looking for someone who shares our vision to revolutionize alcoholic & fermented beverages by giving consumers the power to craft their own drinks at home, without preservatives, hidden ingredients, dyes, and animal-derived ingredients.
Basically: we're building the world's biggest movement in modern viniculture history – the craft wine movement. We advocate for a future in which making amazing wines and ciders at home is as easy as cooking dinner.
This is the kind of stuff you'll be doing:
- Build and fly the plane. While we believe we have a good understanding of many ways to market Brewsy well with over data from over 25K customers and $600K in ad spend, we are excited to give you an opportunity to ‘start from zero’ in designing & leading novel marketing methods, angles, re-brands, etc. You will need to lead from Day 1.
- Drive revenue, drive down CAC, and work closely with our Product Development teams (both physical and digital) to increase CLTV
- Dive into data-first learning: testing, optimizing, learning, and re-testing
- Be primarily responsible for crafting & managing the public face of Brewsy and how that may evolve over time.
- Quickly establish a deep understanding of the current customer base – and develop plans to grow that base 10X — 100X
- Begin by establishing priorities, goals, KPIs, and targets – and develop strategic plans to deliver on those, partnering with the other divisions of Brewsy
- Establish metrics by which to measure our progress on the way to these goals, as well as annual and quarterly campaign plans
- Manage current marketing channels (FB/ IG, Google/Bing, Amazon) and establishing successful channels elsewhere (Pinterest, Snap, LinkedIn, etc)
- Manage, maintain, segment, automate and grow our ~25K strong SMS list & email list
- Copywriting *everything*
- In the Future: Hire additional team members as needed to build out an incredible marketing division at Brewsy
We're looking for people who sound like this:
- Genuinely believe in the value of giving consumers the power to craft their own drinks at home, without preservatives, hidden ingredients, dyes, and animal-derived ingredients
- Can excel as both an executive and operator on a daily basis
- Have built and managed a team
- Are highly analytical and data driven
- Thrive in a high growth start-up
- Have executive-level communication / presentation skills with great project management expertise
- Have an excellent understanding & intuition of American consumer behavior & drives
- Even Better: possess a demonstrable working knowledge of principles of UI/UX, SEO, Content Marketing
With this experience:
- 6+ years in growth marketing with 3+ years across performance marketing
- Ran B2C digital campaigns
- Built and managed a team & worked on a small team (< 20 people)\
- Managed marketing budgets at $1M+/yr
- History of driving growth through paid marketing channels with a proven track record in paid and ‘unpaid’ user acquisition.
- Hands-on paid social advertising, media buying, paid search advertising
- Managed third-party agencies successfully (profitably)
- Building full funnel digital marketing, acquisition/retention principals, and measurement thereof
- Programmatic email/SMS marketing platforms including segmentation, A/B experimentation, series automation etc
- Brand building and brand strategy development
- Beautiful, performative, and high-converting copywriting
- Even Better: Shopify, Amazon experience
You'll have these benefits:
- Great health insurance with dental & vision
- Optional Relocation (up to $3K)
- 20 days PTO
- Unlimited sick leave
- Maternity / paternity leave
- $150/mo wellness stipend
- Monthly learning & development stipend
- Travel, lodging, & per-diem provided for industry conferences, expos, etc!