Tradition Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Tradition Brewing Company, the first commercial craft brewery and taproom, located in the City Center community of Newport News, Virginia, is seeking its next Head Brewer.
Our ideal candidate will possess professional commercial brewing experience, a passion for refining and developing recipes, a focus on cleanliness, as well as a coachable and team-oriented attitude.
Operating on a four-year old 20-barrel Deutsche Beverage Technology brewhouse the Head Brewer can demonstrate creativity and professionalism while filling 30 different draft lines and a variety of packaged offerings, including an in-house canning line. Our resources include an emerging barrel aging program and other innovative elements for your ideas and creative pursuits.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Take ownership of daily brewing production and cellaring for a fast-paced craft environment delivering draft and packaged products both in-house and through distribution channels.
- Supervise and maintain an on-site laboratory to support effective brewing, yeast management, and cleanliness. When appropriate, partner with local and regional labs to ensure high-quality production where needed.
- Sourcing, inventory, and quality controls of all materials related to brewing operations.
- Long term planning and budgeting with the Director of Brewing Operations.
- Maintain data in brewing management software for all state and federal reporting requirements including but not limited to HRSD, ABC and TTB filings.
- Physically capable to work in a commercial and manufacturing facility that includes lifting a minimum of 50 lbs repetitively.
- Assist management team in recruiting and mentoring additional staff as needed to support brewery and cellaring operations.
- Attend festivals, festivities and interact with customers in the Tap Room.
Key Job Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of daily commercial brewing experience.
- A self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and provide leadership and coaching to brewing support team members.
- Craves a spirited and supportive environment that provides you the opportunity to approach projects with autonomy.
- Proficient in EKOS or a similar brewing management software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Willing to pass a background check as applicable by law.
Some Of the Perks
- Fast paced, high-growth atmosphere where your work will have a direct impact on the trajectory of the company
- Starting salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Flex time so you can relax or take a vacation or get away when needed.
- Other benefits based on qualifications and experience.
All job applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Mr. Howard Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Head Brewer” in the subject line.