Distribution Business Manager
The Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
About the role
To develop and grow Lagunitas distributor sales in line with the company’s objectives. To oversee the volume and distribution results of our Distributors using all tools at your disposal. The Distributor Business Manager works under the guidance of the Regional Sales Director to meet sales goals while portraying the Lagunitas brand and culture.
What you'll do
- Propose and ensure the implementation of business strategy for Distributors area, specific by region, including the profitability of Distributor, promotional policies, investments, customer achievement and visibility of the brand and asset portfolio.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels across assigned distributors and make recommendations on order/inventory levels to maximize sales. Work with LDC’s to coordinate loads
- Process all bill backs submitted by network on a monthly basis
- Agree and input Distributor POS orders thru our 3rd party provider
- Define and monitor the achievement of sales targets for Distributor areas, in terms of volume, revenue, market share, numerical distribution.
- Implement an action plan for each distributor ensuring clear and measurable objectives to deliver the distribution and volume targets.
- Review progress against these monthly with your distributor(s).
- Work with your Regional Director & Field Team Lead to develop CRM goals quarterly to align with your distributor’s targets.
- Manage your business relationship with Distributors to identify appropriate mechanisms and strategies as well as define plans for Strategic Customers.
- Negotiate and ensure the management and enforcement of terms and conditions with Distributors such as service levels, territorial areas, sales and performance targets
- Monitor and analyze the evolution of business results under their responsibility as well as market developments through available management tools and the development of action plans.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Trade Marketing areas in defining actions and their implementation in terms of product positioning and development
- Ensure implementation of Trade actions and strategic promotional actions to achieve established business objectives.
- Develop an accurate and realistic annual budget plan and monitor performance to budget.
- Collect and transmit internally relevant market and competition information, thus enabling constant and rigorous monitoring of activities that have an impact on the achievement of the results of your business and/or business.
- Train distributors to ensure continual improvement in capability, knowledge, customer service, performance and profitability.
What we're lookin' for
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales environment; Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in beer sales or beer distribution desired.
- Successful experience managing beer distributors.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; willing to work flexible schedule, including weekends/evenings/holidays/overtime.
- Passion for Lagunitas and the beer business.
- Strong level of knowledge of beer and the brewing process.
- Outgoing/High energy; enjoys public interaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and stay organized, motivated, focused and efficient.
- Ability to work effectively with people at different levels across the organization and externally.
- Goal oriented with ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Reports directly to the Regional Sales Director.
- Will have frequent contact with distributor sales teams and Lagunitas field and chain sales teams.
- Unusual / extensive hours: May be required to work long or unpredictable hours. Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Must be available nights and weekends.
- Physical: Required to lift 35 lb. Cases, and 165 lb. kegs and various point-of-sales boxes on a periodic basis.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history.
- Frequent travel required.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.