Crooked Hammock BreweryApply for this Job
Crooked Hammock Brewery is looking for a Brewmaster to lead the charge behind the Crooked Hammock Beer brand and its relentless pursuit of brewing the best easy drinking craft beer in the industry. The Brewmaster will leverage their demonstrated expertise and creativity and work closely with the Director of Brewery Operations, Management team, and Lead Brewers to oversee and to set the trajectory for our quickly growing beer program.
Crooked Hammock's Brewmaster will...
- Be the leader, figurehead, and brand ambassador for the Beer program of Crooked Hammock Brewery
- Set the direction for our beer program (brewing operations, quality, sales, and marketing)
- Work with Beer Brand/Marketing Coordinators to develop beer release calendar, strategy, and pricing
- Work with Beer Brand/Marketing Coordinators and Director of Brewery Operations (DBO) on events, festivals and competition schedules.
- Work with DBO to develop, standardize, and implement SOPs across all facilities
- Work with DBO and Lead Brewers on recipe development and best practices
- Work with DBO and Lead Brewers on best packaging practices and procedures
- Work with DBO to develop brewery training program
- Work with DBO on long term planning and budgets
- Work with DBO to develop QC/QA program and labs
- Hire Brewery leadership, develop job descriptions and assist on other department leadership selections
- Work with Director of Operations and Director of Sales to develop a sales plan, establish and maintain distribution relationship
- Develop training program for brewery leadership & brewery team with DBO
- Establish an outside continued education program
- Work with all department heads on various projects, participate in meetings for selections, budgets, strategy, critical path, reviews, etc.
- Work with the Financial department and DBO on all beer related expenses.
- Conduct annual evaluations for brewery leadership
The ideal Brewmaster will have 7-10+ years of experience in brewing production for a regional or nationally-recognized beer brand. Advanced leadership skills, expert technical skills, and the desire to consistently improve are characteristics critical to success in this role. We are on the hunt for a candidate who has led the development of recipes for beers which are well-accredited within the industry. Not only does the Brewmaster need to be passionate, but this person must also be innovative. Our perfect candidate will combine their brewery expertise with their embodiment of our La Vida Culture to pave the path forward and take our beer program to the next level. We are looking for a trailblazer who is laser-focused on shaping and contributing to Crooked Hammock's ever-growing footprint on the craft beer industry.
This position will be based out of our Delaware locations with a decent amount of travel to our Myrtle Beach, SC location.
About Crooked Hammock: The Crooked Hammock is an escape from the everyday. Our whimsically designed brewpubs, easy drinking craft beer and flavorful cookouts are made to transport folks to a place of fun and memorable moments spent with loved ones, new and old. We are part of La Vida Hospitality which was formed to create powerful emotional bonds with our team and our guests by developing and operating lifestyle focused hospitality brands. Simply put, we’re here to Enjoy the Ride, and we're stoked to find a passionate, experienced brewing expert to help lead the charge behind crafting the industry's tastiest beer.