Sales Manager (Packaging) - North-West
Packaging CompanyApply for this Job
Sales Manager – Northwest
Reporting directly to the President Americas, this full time and exclusive role will involve the ownership of states in the influential North-Western part of the US with specific focus on Washington and Oregon. The employee will be responsible for co-developing and implementing a growth strategy within the region across applicable product lines. The successful candidate will develop new accounts, provide customer service to allow the company to develop and secure contracts within its marketplace. They will also work closely with external partners, where appropriate, who will also sell and distribute to end users.
The successful candidate will lead the commercial activity in the North-West. To do this, they will be required to prepare and present sound technical and commercial/service solutions to every level of the “three tier” brewery sector adopted in the USA and be the lead commercial person owner charged with the responsibility to grow sales volume and revenue.
This role will also challenge current ‘keg rental’ or ‘pay per fill’ solutions by offering an existing single use recyclable alternative for the beer industry. Candidate should have good knowledge of that beer market whilst also be comfortable working in the cider, spirits, cold brew coffee and kombucha space.
In addition, this role will lead the regional sales effort in the water market in the Pacific North-West; showing business development drive to convert regional water players across the region to this innovative and market leading bulk package for the 3 & 5 Gallon market.
This role is ideal for an ambitious sales-focused person with sound commercial and technical knowledge of the brewing industry.
Candidates should be willing to travel up to 50% of the time is critical due to the scale of the geography and preferably should be based in Oregon or Washington.
To co-develop and implement a technical & commercial strategy to deliver agreed sales volumes and to execute on that plan. Whilst not exhaustive the key tasks will be to:
- Lead the North-West region for all commercial activity to drive sales volume and revenue across multiple product lines
- Develop and convert an active pipeline of house accounts for breweries and other industries for which the recyclable keg product is applicable (eg Cold Coffee, Kombucha) (with exception of the wine market)
- Develop and convert an active pipeline of water accounts in the region – focussing on the 5 Gallon returnable PET package
- Actively action the pipeline, develop proposals/negotiate wins to hit sales targets
- Develop account plans to leverage accounts won to optimise sales volumes
- Active account management of customers and distributors (as appropriate)
- Support with guidance in brewery, in supply chain and in end use position
- Troubleshooting of keg issues in the market
- Reporting of the above
- Sound knowledge of the beer and beverage market
- Comfortable in selling a technical packaging product to large and small customers alike
- Track records in selling to beer / beverage markets
- Effective communicator, both internally, with customers and partners.
- Ambitious, driven commercially astute with quick concept up-take
- Base salary depending upon qualifications & experience
- Bonus/Commission-based structure
- Salary progression depending on performance
- Health Care Scheme (after qualifying period).
- Public Holidays with pay.
- 10 days annual holiday (pro-rata)
- Car allowance