Great Divide Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Packaging Team!
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily packaging of beer into cans and keg, this includes the operation of packaging machinery and the cleaning and sanitation of packaging areas and machinery. The Packaging Technician position is full-time and will report directly to the Packaging Manager. Additionally, the Packaging Technician will work closely with all production departments including Quality Control.
The following list of essential job duties is not all-inclusive; the Packaging Technician is required to perform other duties as directed by the Packaging Manager.
THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED OUT OF DENVER, COLORADO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Regular attendance in order to work packaging shifts as scheduled by packaging manager weekly.
- Learn, understand and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures.
- Work in tandem with Bottling Supervisors, Production Managers, Packaging Manager, and QC & QA.
- Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards.
- Keep the packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized.
- Help out as needed in all other parts of the brewery. (Team Player)
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently.
- Communicate all mechanical issues to maintenance department.
- Communicate the department’s materials needs to ensure the production schedule is executable.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Attend special events and brewery staff meetings as requested by Packaging Manager.
- Maintain packaging tools and materials by storing safely, neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Ensure finished product is safely and neatly stored in the cooler and logged in accurately each day.
- Complete all paperwork associated with each duty with 100% accuracy.
- Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Basic computer proficiency including, but not limited to, email and MS Office Suite.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to continually lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly and repeatedly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Salary Range: $15-$17/Hour
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Packaging@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Packaging Technician”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.