Krave & Chef's CutApply for this Job
KRAVE is a "better for you" snack company that strives to make its products healthy without sacrificing quality or flavor. With ambition as our driving force, KRAVE is all about having fun, doing things differently and making foods that are better for you in every way!
Chef’s Cut is a meat snacks company that seeks to make the highest quality, most delicious products for meat-obsessed people. At Chef’s Cut, we’re not about meeting standards, we’re about setting a new standard for meat snacks. We strive to continuously exceed expectations, with excitement when faced with new challenges and passion for changing the way people think about meat snacks!
Both KRAVE and Chef’s Cut are leaders in the meat snacks category - premium products with interesting flavor profiles and healthier attributes - from jerky and biltong, to pork rinds, and even KRAVE plant-based jerky.
We’re small and mighty based in beautiful Sonoma, CA- home of Northern California’s most prominent and well-known wine country, but spread jerky love everywhere we go.
Enough about us. Now about you.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, hands-on Brand Manager who has a successful track record of managing and executing strategic retail marketing efforts that deliver outstanding revenue growth.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive growth for the KRAVE and Chef’s Cut brands. They will also be responsible for leading innovation efforts and providing business support. The Brand Manager will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
We are a small but mighty team, and you should be comfortable in a startup environment owning tasks from strategy and data analysis all the way to project management and execution. You will roll up your sleeves to do whatever is necessary to push the company forward. You have an instinctive sense of what the business needs, allowing you to correctly prioritize initiatives.
- Translate brand and customer strategy into data-driven plans-of-action that grow sales volume, market share, and brand awareness, then successfully achieve cross-functional alignment and execution to plan
- Develop communications strategy, including development of 360 degree marketing support calendar and ensure timely execution; serve as point person/liaison with outside agencies
- Develop retail marketing and promotional marketing tools for the portfolio including in-store signage, sampling, coupons, displays and other consumer elements
- Measure and report on the performance of all marketing activities (ROI, KPIs, etc.) and recommend future tactics based on conclusions
- Partner with Sales and Marketing colleagues to develop selling stories and materials
- Manage projects with freelance creatives including graphic designers, photographers, and copywriters
- Ensure that brand guidelines are followed and maintained at all times
Product Development and Innovation:
- Project lead for all portfolio innovation, owning two weekly cross-functional calls and ensuring follow-ups are completed within critical timelines
- Support packaging design for portfolio, including feedback on right size for retail and design proofing
- Lead proactive assessment of consumer insights and market research to gain an understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment, and channel needs for the product or category
- Provide insights and input into annual business planning
- Support VP of Marketing in budgeting
- Manage and develop direct report with goal of growing team and expanding responsibilities
- Think creatively about how to add value to our brand, products and retail presence, better engage our retail buyers, and spread #jerkylove!
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4+ years in marketing for a growing consumer brand
- Ability to distill and communicate complex information to create data-driven recommendations that drive business decisions
- Strong familiarity planning and executing retail marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to steer a cross-functional team to action
- Strong bias for action, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to handle complexity