CELLAR LEAD - Ipswich Ale Brewery, Ipswich MA
Ipswich Ale Brewery, Ipswich MAApply for this Job
IPSWICH ALE BREWERY, IPSWICH, MA
LEAD CELLAR PERSON
This position is responsible for managing the cellar and its employees, monitoring and maintaining the proper fermentation and lagering of all of the beer in the cellar. This includes tank and hose CIP, fermentation tracking through gravity and temperature, cropping tanks, racking, and carbonating beer from the fermenter to bright, carbonating to proper specs and ensuring all quality checks are met along the way. Additionally, this position is responsible for all cellar input and record keeping into Ekos.
The cellar person is an integral part of the brewing operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and operate all aspects of the cellar including the Rolec dry hopping, centrifuge, CIP, racking and carbonating beer, under safe and sanitary conditions.
- Ensure daily cellaring activities are completed in a timely manner, such as gravities, tank CIPs, carbs, environmental cleaning
- Perform CIPs, Quality checks, and record all data in Ekos.
- Maintain an awareness for all raw ingredients necessary for dry-hopping and alert the head brewer as required to maintain the brewing schedule.
- Manage inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
- Crop Tanks, Dry Hops, Cellar Cleaning, Top scrubs.
- Assist in the brewhouse as needed.
- Record temps, pH, and gravity daily on brew log.
- Assist staff troubleshooting and occasional maintenance tasks.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Schedule and supervise additional cellar employees.
- Work closely with the scheduling supervisor on timing/order of beer transfers.
- Work closely with packaging supervisor on daily packaging schedule.
- Education: High School diploma
- Experience: 5 years in Brewing or related field preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication
- High energy level and an attention to details
- Optimistic, positive attitude
- Manual dexterity
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited direction and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of brewery Ekos brewery management software a bonus.
- This position requires the ability to sit/stand/kneel, work on the floor, carry hoses, lift grain bags/hop boxes, and carry 50 lbs regularly.
- Noisy work environment with machinery
- Proper handling of chemicals is needed, hot water, steam, pressure, carbon dioxide.
- Passion for independent, quality craft beer and our industry is a must
- Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively with others
- Mechanical aptitude, basic problem solving and math skills
- Flexibility with scheduling, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation Packages include:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Time
- Health Insurance Participation
At-Will Employment: Employment with the Ipswich Ale Brewery may be terminated by either the brewery or the employee at any time with or without cause or notice.
Ipswich Ale Brewery offers a competitive compensation package, including paid time off (PTO) for both sick and vacation days, health and dental benefits, and more. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.